Information Technology Intern (Summer 2021)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 13849 Apply
As an Information Technology intern at SC Johnson, you’ll focus on a challenging project in one of a variety of disciplines such as Information Security, Applications Development Maintenance & Integration, Information Management, Architecture and Infrastructure & Operations. You’ll be part of one of our teams in Racine, Wisconsin and will gain skills which will help prepare you for a full-time career in IT.
Please note that at SC Johnson, our Information Technology function is called Business Process & Technology (BPT).
Through all internship projects, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Leverage technology skills to help solve business problems and drive business decisions
- Interact with cross-functional business partners (i.e. Sales, Marketing, Finance, RD&E) on challenging projects
- Network and interact directly with Business Process & Technology leaders
- Receive support and coaching from an experienced manager, technical lead and mentor
- Develop professional and personal skills throughout your internship
- Full-time undergraduate student pursuing a degree or minor in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or a related major; Preference will be given to students of UW-Parkside, UW-Whitewater and Howard University
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 strongly preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States; At this time SC Johnson is not sponsoring foreign nationals in an immigration case to gain full-time work authorization
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
You’ll be a great fit for this internship if you have demonstrated skills or experience in the following:
- Confidently interact with business partners and clients
- Goal-oriented; results driven and intellectually curious
- Strong analytical, technical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to succeed in both an individual and team atmosphere
- Self-starter – seeks out challenge
- Time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership experience within or outside of school
- Excellent oral, written and communication/presentation skills
INTERNSHIP BENEFITS AND PERKS
SC Johnson’s internships offer immersive experiences for top early career talent in our various business functions through hands-on, robust project work and comprehensive training programs. Through exposure to the company’s senior leaders, coaching and mentoring programs and networking opportunities, you’ll be set up with the support you need to thrive in our family company. As part of our internship experience, you’ll be considered in the priority pipeline for full-time roles at SC Johnson after you’ve completed your degree.
In addition to the real-world experience you’ll gain through our internships, we’re pleased to offer interns several perks which help expose you to what it’s like to be part of a team working at SC Johnson full-time:
- Housing: Subsidized housing is available in Milwaukee, helping interns to experience living in the areas surrounding our corporate and North America headquarters.
- Company Store: You’ll have access to our on-site company stores (Racine locations) to purchase SCJ products at a discount.
- Johnson Mutual Benefits Association (JMBA) Center: Visit the hub of SCJ recreation and fitness programs in Racine for 146 acres of outdoor activities at Armstrong Park and 50,000-square-feet of indoor space including the Raymond F. Farley Aquatic Center.
- Events: Enjoy getting to know fellow interns and networking with SCJ team members throughout the summer at events that encourage camaraderie and connection.
- Exposure to Senior Leaders: During your internship, you’ll connect directly with senior members of the organization to gain insights, ask questions and present your project learnings.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.