IT Application Implementation Project ManagerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11286 Apply
The Business Process and Technology (BPT) organization is comprised of several groups contributing to the overall IT success of SC Johnson globally. This position, IT Application Implementation Project Manager, is part of the Application Development, Maintenance and Integration (ADMI) group and will be responsible for managing internal Business Applications projects. This position reports into the head of Business Applications, ADMI, and will include projects for applications in HR, Facilities, Product Supply, Finance and Sales & Marketing functions. This role will also work collaboratively within BPT to insure security, infrastructure and operations, governance, information management, architectural engineering, and strategic demand management are closely informed of activity, changes, and needs of the business related to the supported applications and activities. As a member of the ADMI team, you will be part of a fast paced, digitally savvy team that’s critical to the success of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Project Organization, Execution and Delivery
- Reports to the Business Applications Tower Director in ADMI and will be responsible for all business applications projects in the defined globally portfolio.
- Work with a cross-functional team across BPT delivery functions to structure high complexity projects, ensuring that the appropriate scope, technology and delivery approach is in place and used to deliver successfully and on time.
- Single point of accountability within Business Applications for ADMI-led applications projects in the assigned area. Ensure cohesion of cross-functional delivery resources, maintain a hands-on understanding of project challenges and assist project team in clearing roadblocks to delivery.
- Develop effectiveness and efficiency metrics to measure and track team performance as well as business satisfaction with delivery and application usage.
- Responsible for ensuring that the assigned projects are implemented in accordance to established project methodologies, in particular ensuring that communications and appropriate stage gate reviews are in place.
- Resource planning for implementations in line with complexity of implementations. Manage consulting cost for implementations.
- Manage business risk assessment for all implementations, data collection and pre-implementation preparation.
- Engage and coordinate with different implementation support functions such as the data migration team and any training function in the execution of the projects.
- Planning, analysis, configuration, development, implementation and maintenance of business solutions to support SCJ business operations requirements.
- Ensure delivery of the projects on schedule, within budget and in line with the parameters set by the global template design.
- Support business change management as part of process transformation in application implementations.
- Provide conflict management and resolution for projects.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related degree.
- 5+ years of IT project management experience or relevant IT work experience, with at least six full life-cycle projects successfully completed.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to present effectively to senior management.
- Multilingual capability strongly preferred.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request toSCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.