IT Infrastructure and Operations Solutions ArchitectRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 18268 Apply
The IT Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) Solutions Architect role is part of SC Johnson’s Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) function within the IT organization.
The I&O Architect will represent Infrastructure & Operations in the strategy definition, planning and roadmap for SCJ’s infrastructure and application portfolio. This role will work across the organization (IT and business) to support the definition of multi-year journeys and roadmaps and supporting business cases to address end-of-life as well as new or expanded business capabilities within the organization. This will include developing an understanding of SCJ’s cloud capabilities and direction to assess how that can be incorporated into various roadmaps and solutions.
The I&O Architect will partner with our functional leaders to architect infrastructure and business solutions integrating with our core IT services including security, infrastructure, application, governance and data management. in doing so, using deep technical knowledge and experience, he/she will orchestrate these solutions by defining, establishing and optimizing building blocks, patterns and services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Application Development, Architecture, Security and Infrastructure & Operations Teams to define various solution and platform strategies based on industry trends, cost savings and business needs.
- Understand the overall applications portfolio, IT and business priorities and success measures to design implementation architectures and solutions (Microsoft and 3rd party solutions) using PaaS, DevOps & Advanced IaC
- Apply technical knowledge and customer insights to create a modernization roadmap. Architect solutions to meet business and IT needs, ensuring technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, while orchestrating key resources and infusing key Infrastructure technologies (e.g. Windows and Linux IaaS, Security, Networking, etc.), and Application Development and DevOps technologies (e.g. App Service, containers, serverless, cloud native, etc.) as appropriate
- Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of performance, security, scalability, maintainability, and appropriate reusability and reliability upon deployment
- Be the Voice of the Customer; Share insights and best practices, and connect with Business Relationship Managers, Engineering teams to remove key blockers
- Work closely with Project Managers to create and deliver on a technical execution plan for a portfolio of projects, identifying risks and mitigations.
- Accountable for infrastructure platform design on large-scale projects. Work with stakeholders to understand requirements. Collaborate with project teams, platform and hosting engineers and security to deliver Architecture Design Documents (ADD’s). Mentors’ engineers on design and delivery of ADD’s for smaller initiatives.
- Prepare As-is, To Be, Gap Analysis, charts and diagrams that depict present and proposed systems in terms of costs, benefits derived, and tasks required.
- Establish confidence and trust within the team and across the organization and beyond, to enable a partnered approach to planning, delivery and problem-solving.
- Participate in forecasting and estimating financial impact, technical resources and time dimensions required to deliver requested solutions and objectives.
- Demonstrate acumen on how technical solutions will address business needs. Can “connect the dots” on how platform decisions impact the organization.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related degree or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 10+ years of job experience in Information Technology (IT)
- 5+ years delivering architecture designs for infrastructure and/or applications with experience creating architectural standards and patterns across multiple computing platforms and applications, including SAP, Microsoft and cloud based technologies
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong, hands-on background in infrastructure and application integration, solution development, performance management or landscape/basis design.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Certification.
- Execution Excellence - the ability to drive and maintain accountability for commitments across multiple projects and tasks.
- Builds strong working relationships with team members, peers, leaders and stakeholders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Broad knowledge across multiple technologies and capabilities:
- Application Integration
- DevOps and automation tools and patterns
- Cloud-based security controls
- Unix/Linux/Microsoft operating systems
- DB2/SQL Databases
- Disaster recovery / High Availability
- ITIL Certification.
- TOGAF Certification.
- Experience working with a mature SDLC, with formal processes, artifacts and stage gates.
- Experience delivering in both traditional and agile project management methodologies.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations, to impact strategy and direction through influence and collaboration.
- Ability to shift between “big picture” and the small-but-critical details, depending on audience and desired outcomes.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.