IT Program DirectorRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 13743 Apply
The IT Program Director is a leadership role within the Global Applications organization of IT function to supervise a wide range of programs. The programs will be mix between SAP and a large portfolio of other applications outside of SAP. The incumbent will be responsible for the delivery and overall success of each program. The Program Director is expected to supervise a team of program and project managers and liaison closely with the functional and business’ stakeholders for information management on projects -progress and performance.
The IT Program Director will build the project management governance and coordination model across all IT project implementation, ensuring consistency in the quality of the implementation and timely delivery of all IT projects within budget. The incumbent is responsible for the deployment project methodology and is responsible for ensuring that the methodology is applied consistently in current project and future enhancements.
A successful Program Director must have a broad knowledge of program management principles. The incumbent must have a strategic mindset and should be able to lead and develop their subordinates and have a proven track record of leaning in and helping mature the overall organization. The goal is to ensure every program will be delivered successfully and add the highest possible value to the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all program and project managers involved to provide feedback and resolve complex problems
- Manage the overall IT projects quality, timeline and costs with a focus on SAP projects for a start
- Provide governance for IT projects ensuring that pre-implementation site readiness assessment is carried out and functioning as a check point for approval of on-site project commencement.
- Ensure that IT project is implemented in accordance to established project methodologies, ensuring that communications and appropriate tollgate reviews are in place.
- Resource planning for IT implementation is in line with complexity of implementations. Manage consulting cost for implementation.
- Coordination with business stakeholders at both the local implementation site level as well as global Process Owners (GPOs) for business process related discussions.
- Coordination with related IT functions such as Global Information Management team for reporting functions, data migration support team and Governance & AMS team for support transition.
- Manage business risk assessment for the IT implementation and ensure that risks are elevated to the appropriate level of attention.
- Initiate and set goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization
- Plan the programs from start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes
- Develop or approve budgets and operations
- Devise evaluation strategies to monitor performance and determine the need for improvements
- Discover ways to enhance efficiency and productivity of procedures and people
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed
- Ensure program operations and activities adhere to legal guidelines and internal policies
- Conflict management and resolution.
- Management of vendor relationship for implementation partners.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering or other related degree or military experience considered in lieu of degree requirements
- 10+ years of experience driving complex large-scale global projects with 5+ years specialized in managing SAP projects and 3+ years managing other non-SAP application projects/integrations
- 3+ years leading a team of Program and Project Managers
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience with M&A integrations, business operations, and/or program management
- Relevant certification in project work such as Six Sigma black belt / master black belt or PMP preferred
- Strong project management skills throughout the entire life of a project, including defining the project, identifying required resources, selecting and training the team, monitoring of deliverables and performance against objectives, adjusting where necessary, providing feedback and recognition, delivering the final “product” and creating process documentation
- Experience building and executing change management strategy, including identifying sponsors, developing the training, managing through resistance, tracking progress and analyzing results
- Communicate in a way that informs, educates, and inspires teams – leads to teams of employees at various levels who are not direct reports
- Strong time management, organization and prioritization skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to manage cross-functional teams and drive effective process management is required and excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skill and able to present effectively to senior management
- Experience with designing global templates and deploying global templates
- Good understanding of business process within a Manufacturing environment
- Experience in full SDLC and IT governance
- Cross cultural awareness
- Able to travel up to 25%
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.