IT Solutions Engineer – Product Information Management (PIM)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 11775 Apply
As the Solutions Engineer – Product Information Management (PIM), you will build, deliver and manage the Product Information Management (PIM) platform for SC Johnson. A key component of our enterprise technology ecosystem, PIM serves as a single source of truth. PIM is integrated into SCJ’s other systems placed between Production Creation (SAP, DAM) and external information distribution channels (digital and physical shelf). This role is responsible for the configuration, implementation, adoption, and ongoing management of our Product Information Management (PIM) platform, and associated integration touchpoints with SAP, DAM, Claims, Label Graphics, GDNS (1WS), Salsify, ECommerce and Translations systems. The Solutions Engineer is instrumental in establishing and managing the PIM platform, and driving adoption with various user groups and external agencies and partners. The successful candidate will take end-to-end ownership of the application while developing strong working relationships with both business stakeholders and peers in the BPT organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive the strategy, roadmap and capabilities needed from the Product Information Managed System to support ecommerce, label graphics and GDSN processes.
- Develop the requirements and strategy for integrations with various internal and external systems.
- Design, configure and implement the application based on industry best practices in the following areas: performance, security, business rules, workflow, integrations, syndication etc.
- Develop an application roadmap that’s informed by vendor plans and business strategy.
- Design, coordinate, and execute pilots and proof of concepts to provide design validation.
- Server as the technical lead and Subject Matter Expert (SME) for projects leveraging the Product Information Management (PIM) system.
- Own the architecture of the Product Information Management information ecosystem, including development and evolution of solutions as well as recommend functionality upgrades/optimizations for current, bridge, and future state. Ensure alignment of content ecosystem in support of the customer journey
- Define requirements for the Product Information Management system orchestrating data ingestion, quality assurance, security, and accessibility
- Create architecture design documentation at the platform and project level.
- Inspire and lead user adoption; train people to use the system and maintain its integrity
- Partner with technology and business leaders across the company to gain understanding of current state ecosystem and future state requirements, to correlate business value with technical solutions
- Perform regular system administration activities.
- Manage integrations with other applications and 3rd party systems.
- Manage a backlog of enhancements and fixes aligned with stakeholder business value.
- Manage system integrators and contractors and oversee development and testing activities.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure, Architecture, and Security teams to ensure compliance with company technology standards and processes.
- Partner with Global Data Management (GDM) team, Riversand SaaS, Salsify and other key vendors and stakeholders to continuously drive value and meet evolving business needs.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- University Degree required /Advanced degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience architecting solutions on a PIM platform, incl. migrating product data – label graphics, claims, master data from other systems into the PIM application
- Experience implementing and configuring a new PIM application.
- Working experience of Riversand PIM SaaS solution, GDSN (1WS), Salsify, SAP PLM, ECC, OpenText, AS2, ALM, SharePoint, Data Lake
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Deep knowledge of the Product Information Management domain, including data modelling, configuration, content syndication/publishing.
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills.
- Technical savviness and understanding of the digital landscape, including ancillary platforms such as web content management, syndication and digital asset management.
- Experience working in Web Content Management systems (WCMS), Digital Asset Management systems (DAM)
- Experience supporting multiple brands/divisions/business units, including globally.
- Experience working in the Consumer-Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
- Experience managing Cloud-based applications (Azure preferred)
- Ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Ability to work closely with business stakeholders and become a trusted advisor.
- Ability to present ideas clearly and convincingly to all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage multiple activities at once in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Full Relocation Package offered
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.