IT Windows Systems EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 17172 Apply
The IT Windows Systems Engineer is part of the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Hosting Services Department. This role includes responsibility for the design, planning, management, support, lifecycle, and oversight of the On-Premise Hosting environment.
The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Hosting Services Department owns the design, planning, development, delivery, lifecycle, and support of Windows, Linux, Unix, and Virtualization and Hardware Platforms globally. The technology landscape includes platforms and technologies that support the following services:
- Windows services (Windows Server, SCCM, Image Management, Security/Vulnerability)
- Virtualization services (VMWARE ESXi and Nutanix AHV)
- Converged and Hyperconverged Hosting Platforms
- Automation and Orchestration (Power Shell and Ansible)
- Performance and Capacity Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple initiatives independently.
- Establish relationships with strategic vendors to acquire knowledge develop partnerships and collaborate on potential architectural solutions and technology acquisitions.
- Communicates architectural solutions to IT senior leaders and other critical stakeholders throughout the architecture planning and design process.
- Develop, implement and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection
- Manage and provide current usage statistics and prove future projected growth estimates
- Support the Hosting, Application, and other IT teams in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Provide technical guidance to team members for Hosting Technologies
- Provide input into SCJ strategies and budgets
- Perform cross-functional tasks to support distributed, Windows, Open Systems, Virtualization platforms and technologies as it pertains to implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, and lifecycle upgrades of the infrastructure services
- Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation if needed to resolve critical issues
- May be required to work occasional nights and/or weekends
- Provide consultation to business partners on improving service delivery
- Design and develop enterprise Hosting solutions to support the organization strategy
- Knowledge of designing, developing or provisioning Hosting Platforms and services
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related degree or relevant military experience considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5+ years of experience supporting distributed Windows and Virtualization environments and technologies
- 3+ years of experience with PowerShell
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience with designing, deploying and configuring Hosting and Virtualization platforms
- Experience with controlling and securing the Hosting environment with RBAC, Security Groups, Policies
- Experience with other scripting tools like Ansible, Perl, UNIX shell, etc.
- Experience with Software Deployment tools (SCCM)
- Experience with network layers and network infrastructures
- Hosting and Virtualization certifications
- Experience in working with onsite/offshore support model/framework
- Self-driven and ability to identify tasks/activities required to keep the environment healthy
- Understanding of performance and capacity management and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and self-learner
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.