Laboratory Quality TechnicianRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14761 Apply
This posting is for a 12 hour night shift Lab Technician in the Waxdale Quality analytical lab. The Laboratory Technician will complete routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the manufacturing teams. Testing performed for routine analysis of raw material, in-process and final product testing, as well as checking and monitoring instrumentation performance. In this role, you will conduct testing as well as document results of tests into databases and communication test results verbally and in writing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collect and perform analytical testing on finished products and check finished products for any defects incurred during the packaging process
- Collect and perform analytical testing on all in-process product
- Perform analytical tests on in-coming raw materials prior to use in the process
- Communicate, retest, release, reject, investigate, and/or escalate as necessary during off-quality situations
- Maintain accurate and legible test reports and transfer to the datasystem
- Set up, operate and maintain test equipment (eg: Meters, Titrators, HPLC, GC)
- Use safe laboratory practices to protect self and others, checking proper functioning of stations, and performing preventive maintenance and calibration of equipment and instruments
- Be able to prepare reagents and test solutions by following current lab procedures
- Follow proper waste disposal and recycling methodologies as established in site procedures
- Recognize the need to seek advice from higher level technical personnel when needed
- Collaborate with other Technicians to complete laboratory tasks within assigned timelines
- Be able to cover overtime in support of production
- Develop new laboratory procedures or enhancements to improve test quality and productivity
- Perform Validation procedures and develop reports of test results
- Use basic statistics, graphs and charts to analyze and present the test results to Managers
- Attend team meetings and provide meaningful input
- Educate less experienced staffs on established procedures and equipment usage
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology or other related science
- Minimum of 4 years relevant work experience or a Bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years relevant work experience
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Curiosity and the ability to solve technical problems related to testing and manufacturing processes
- Proficient computer skills; will be required to become competent in the use of the SAP based product management system.
- Explore new technologies and provide written proposals to management
- Certification from the American Society for Quality (ASQ) as a CQT, CQIA, CQT
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate accurately and concisely across job functions.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical skills and an ability to question data and unexpected outcomes
- High level of integrity
- Full-time, 12 hour night shift (7pm-7am) on a 2-week rotating schedule:
- Week 1: M, T & F, Sat, Sun
- Week 2: W, R
- Manufacturing environment; able to lift up to 50Lbs, willing to work overtime and alternative shifts as needed.
- No travel
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.