Legal Counsel - MarketingRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11637 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Global review of advertising and communications materials to confirm compliance with applicable laws, company policy, and brand requirements.
- Defend advertising claims in NAD challenges or Court cases, including class action litigation.
- Advise global marketing teams on social media issues, including disclosure requirements and endorsement guidelines.
- Analyze and advise clients on advertising claim substantiation requirements.
- Negotiate and draft promotion, licensing, confidentiality, entertainment, sponsorship, spokesperson, and other miscellaneous agreements related to the advertisement and marketing of the various SCJ brands.
- Counsel global marketing teams on a wide array of marketing, licensing, and promotion matters.
- Partner with Public Affairs teams on press releases and consumer and media communications to confirm that they comply with legal requirements and company needs.
- Facilitate internal policy creation and implementation.
- Provide client education and training on relevant legal issues.
- Able to identify global privacy and intellectual property issues.
- Identifying and analyzing legal issues and developing and effectively communicating sound, understandable legal and business recommendations to the appropriate business managers.
- Advising Company businesses on the legal and regulatory requirements of global over-the-counter drug, cosmetic and food laws.
- Participating in a collaborative manner in cross-functional business teams to identify, evaluate, and resolve complex business issues, including managing third party disputes.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.
- Working with business teams to create corporate policies, forms, and procedures.
- Working with outside counsel to determine applicable legal and regulatory issues and creating appropriate solutions.
- Teaching in-house seminars to clients relating to various issues.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- JD degree and admitted to practice law in a US state and of good standing.
- 7+ years legal practice in a large law firm or as in-house counsel.
- Knowledge of the regulatory and legal requirements of US and global Food, Drug (over-the-counter) and Cosmetic laws.
- Must exercise sound judgment, be able to work efficiently and independently under time pressures and deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Comfortable independently handling a wide-variety of matters including novel issues in evolving areas of business and law.
- Ability to work confidently and collaboratively toward effective and harmonious interactions with other attorneys and with the Company's technical and business personnel.
- Outstanding analytical, consulting, drafting, and negotiation skills with the ability to make well-reasoned legal and business judgments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to negotiate contracts and settlements, and to influence or persuade others.
- Proven ability to prioritize and manage projects or requests appropriately and effectively from several client groups.
- Strong leadership skills and results-orientation.
- Willingness to learn new areas of law, acquire new skills, and take on additional and/or new responsibilities within the Law Department on an “as needed” basis.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.