Linux/Unix Systems Engineer (Onprem and Cloud)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 18200 Apply
The Linux/Unix Systems Engineer role is part of the Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Hosting Services Department. This role will design, implement, configure, upgrade, and troubleshoot Open Systems technologies and platforms both on-premise and in the Cloud. The Linux/Unix Systems Engineer will consult with application owners, and cross-functional teams to design, plan, and deliver Open Systems solutions.
The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Hosting Services Department owns the engineering, planning, development, delivery, and support of Windows, Linux, Unix, private and public cloud infrastructure services globally. The technology landscape includes platforms and technologies that support the following services:
- Open Systems (Unix, LINUX, AIX)
- Virtualization services
- Azure Compute services
- Azure Governance, Control and Security services
- Azure Monitoring and Cost Management services
- Infrastructure as Code Deployment and Management of Azure resources
- Leveraging Terraform/ARM, Azure Repo (Git) and Azure Pipelines
- Infrastructure Cloud services
- Automation and Orchestration
- Performance and Capacity Management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, analyze and resolve the most cloud, and on-premise based issues.
- Manage multiple initiatives independently.
- Ensure consistent provisioning, uptime, regulatory compliance and data protection including both on-premise and Azure
- Manage and provide current usage statistics and providing future projected growth estimates
- Support application owners, hosting platforms and other IT groups in troubleshooting and resolving issues
- Provide technical guidance to team members on Cloud and on-premise Technologies
- Provide input into SCJ strategies and budgets
- Perform cross-functional tasks for Cloud Services to support distributed Open Systems environments and technologies as it pertains to implementation, configuration, troubleshooting, and upgrades of the infrastructure services
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation if needed to resolve critical issues
- May be required to work occasional nights and/or weekends
- Provide consultation to business partners on improving service delivery
- Engineer and develop enterprise hosting solutions to support the organization strategy
- Knowledge of engineering, developing or provisioning public cloud services
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or related degree or relevant military experience considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5+ years of experience supporting distributed, Open Systems environments and technologies
- 3+ years of experience in the engineering (L3), and support of Cloud and on-premise platforms and technologies within medium to large-scale companies
- 3+ years of experience with one or more scripting and automation tools (Ansible, Perl, Terraform, etc.)
- Demonstrate problems solved or services delivered through scripting and automation
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience with engineering, deploying, and configuring Azure services (Hosting, Network, Identity)
- Experience with writing code and deploying Azure infrastructure using Terraform
- Experience with Git and its workflows, Azure Repo/GitHub
- Experience with authoring code for Azure Pipelines (YAML based multi-stage) and set up workflow for deployment using the pipelines
- Experience with network layers and network infrastructures
- Azure certification (Admin or Architect)
- Experience in implementing hosting private and public cloud solutions
- Experience in working with onsite/offshore support model/framework
- Self-driven and ability to identify tasks/activities required to keep the environment healthy
- Understanding of performance and capacity management and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter and self-learner
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.