Linux/Unix Systems EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11224 Apply
Summary: The Linux/Unix Systems Engineer is a member of the I&O – Server and Storage Hosting Department. This person will be responsible for the Design, facilitation, automation and maintenance of the framework needed for the development, delivery and support of the entire infrastructure technology engineering landscape primarily focused on Linux/Unix with some experience with public and private clouds in compliance with our architectural blueprints, standards and policies.
The Infrastructure and Operations (I&O) – Server and Storage Hosting Department owns the development, delivery, and support of Wintel, Linux, Unix, backup/recovery SAN/NAS, private and public cloud infrastructure services globally. The technology landscape includes platforms and technologies that support the following services;
- Wintel Services
- Virtualization Services
- Open Systems Services
- Storage Services
- Backup and Archival Services
- Databases (SQL) Services
- Infrastructure Cloud Services
- Automation and orchestration
- Performance and capacity management
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with other technology groups, business units, and outside vendors to support the global Server and Storage environment
- Occasional L3 support of application owners, hosting platforms and other IT groups in troubleshooting and resolving issues Note:
- Provide technical guidance to junior and global team members
- Provide input into SCJ strategies and budgets
- Perform cross-functional tasks to support Server, Storage, and Backup needs for our various infrastructure platforms
- Participates in 24/7 on-call rotation with occasional L3 escalations
- May be required to work occasional nights and/or weekends
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 5+ years Linux and Unix administration experience
- SUSE Linux and AIX experience highly desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or related field
- Knowledge of designing, developing or provisioning in public clouds like Azure
- Automation knowledge or exposure to support continuous delivery and continuous integration
- Experience with any configuration management software (such as Ansible, Puppet or Chef)
- Working knowledge of scripting tools (Perl, Python, PowerShell, or other current development tools)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience with VMware or other hypervisors such as Nutanix AHV and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Some experience in implementing hosting private and public cloud solutions
- Experienced Technical Project Manager / Team Leader/player.
- Understanding of performance and capacity management and reporting
- Knowledge and experience in building container technology such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience guiding and directing off shore L2 managed service partners
- Ability to collaborate effectively, think and act creatively, and execute on deliverables
- Experience designing server builds, securing systems, and implementing infrastructure level services such as SuSE Manager or Redhat Satellite
- Service design to Service Operations mindset; manage costs, delivery, documentation to transition to operations teams.
- Ansible Tower or AWX experience
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.