Manager, Corporate CommunicationsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12989 Apply
The Communications Manager must be an excellent communicator – verbally, visually and in writing – a source of creative ideas, and be knowledgeable about internal communication platforms and the social media landscape. The ideal candidate is strategic and creative, works well both in a collaborative setting and individually, quickly establishes credibility, accepts new challenges, embraces processes and deadlines, and can successfully work through ambiguity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The role will have primary accountability for supporting a variety of global employee communications initiatives and projects.
- The key focus will be on internal communication including but not limited to advising, planning, writing, editing, event management and other related work in support of leadership communications.
- Create unique campaigns designed to engage employees and uphold SC Johnson’s culture.
- Develop content for presentations, speeches and written communications for all levels of the organization.
- Produce and manage detailed project execution plans for employee events and communication programs.
- Ideate highly creative, innovative ideas for employee events and programs.
- Curate content, including news articles and photography, for employee intranet.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree is in communications, public relations, business or related field of study.
- Minimum of 7 years of related communication and/or writing experience.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong experience with significant communication and writing responsibility in a global corporate or agency setting – including working with senior leadership.
- Possess strong business acumen, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to curate compelling content.
- Able to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization and create a tailored approach to reach various audiences.
- Combined thinker and doer who can pivot their skills and attention to multiple projects and maintain high-caliber results.
- The ability to lead from an individual contributor role while integrated into the broader Global Communications team is important.
- Strong professional presence and the ability to partner and manage effectively at all levels are critical in this role.
- Good sense of judgment and discretion in the face of challenging or sensitive situations.
- Demonstrated track record of success delivering results and exceeding expectations.
- Ability to leverage working knowledge of technology platforms, evolving communication channels, and social media tools.
- Exceptional organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize workload, and concurrently manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
- Creative thinker and problem-solver.
- Willingness and familiarity working in an environment that requires flexibility and change.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Office suite), with expertise in PowerPoint.
- Experience with SharePoint preferred.
- Previous global and/or consumer products experience desired.
- Able to travel 10-15% of time.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.