Manager, Customer Marketing, Sales, B2B Commercial MarketsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10296 Apply
This role exists within SC Johnson Professional Global Markets. This new Division focuses on institutional, industrial, and other B2B commercial channels of distribution. The primary functions include; leading a Sales Customer Marketing team focused on increasing product category support, creating sales tools and collateral, e-commerce content, trade advertising, and related promotions for SCJ branded products sold through Distributors serving “away from home” users. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience managing product mix and promotional initiatives driving growth with Distributors and Wholesalers, ultimately leading to the Users procuring products through these markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the Sales Customer Marketing team to become the Voice of the Distributor and User to define strategy and tactical implementation to expand distribution through product mix, pricing, and promotion across all SCJ Brands sold through Commercial B2B channels.
- Become the primary conduit between SCJ’s Retail Sales/Marketing teams and the Professional division for all commercial activity.
- Direct and lead Customer Marketing team through cross-functional interactions with Legal, Regulatory, R&D, Product Supply, and external resources.
- In collaboration with the SCJ Retail businesses, provide ongoing training across all SCJ Brands, including; Drano, Fantastik, Glade, Kiwi, Mr. Muscle, OFF!, Pledge, Raid, Scrubbing Bubbles, Shout, Windex, Ziploc, and more.
- Translate retail channel analytics, syndicated data, and market research into strategic actions to drive growth in B2B channels through promotion and product mix.
- Define and drive ongoing 360º integrated communications along the path to purchase including; Sales tools, digital presence, trade shows, print collateral, distributor branch displays, advertising, special events, and ad hoc opportunities. Partner with agencies to implement activity.
- Actively manage and allocate Customer Marketing personnel around distribution channels and/or growth opportunities. Engage, collaborate, and respond to Distributor requests for sales and marketing assets across multiple channels.
- Design and lead e-commerce strategy, content, and promotional initiatives across the USA.
- Establish product pricing models and ongoing price list maintenance.
- Develop, execute and monitor promotions (pre and post) in collaboration with Sales and Finance.
- Manage and inspire Customer Marketing team through SC Johnson’s Performance Management Process.
- Important: This is a dynamic work environment; numerous occasions will arise where support is required outside the job description.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or related field
- 7+ years of related experience, including at least four years of broad marketing experience commercializing and promoting products sold through various channels of distribution. Commercial B2B channel experience preferred
- Consistent & proven track record of making measurable contributions within prior organizations.
- Role requires experience in: product management, shopper marketing, creative problem solving, translating user insights into viable business strategies, achieving productive alignment with cross-functional teams, and partnering with internal/external resources.
- Willingness to work within ambiguity and evolving processes. Entrepreneurial spirit is essential.
- Prior experience working with B2B institutional and industrial distribution, with fast moving CPG experience navigating within wholesale redistribution functions a strong plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate concisely across all levels of management and customers.
- Proven ability to drive results via creative opportunity identification and execution.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office programs.
- Position is full time
- Up to 25% domestic travel
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.