Manager, Data Governance (Legal)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 20474 Apply
S.C. Johnson & Son is established a Global Information Security (GIS) Governance function reporting to the Legal department. This position leads all organization-wide data governance activities and will have responsibility for managing the protection of sensitive data and information assets. The position will focus on establishing and ensuring adherence to an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards and practices, both at the department, business and functional areas level, to achieve the required level of consistency, quality and protection to meet overall business needs.
The data governance position serves as a point of escalation for governance, data quality and protection issues and will work closely with business and functional area leadership to improve the quality and value of core structured and unstructured data assets, respond to regulatory protection requirements as well as support the strategic requirements of the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and govern an enterprise data governance implementation roadmap focused on protecting data and promoting quality data stewardship, which includes strategic priorities for the development of information-based capabilities.
- Maintain data governance policy, data protection standards and adoption requirements across the enterprise.
- Roll out an enterprise-wide data governance framework, with a focus on improvement of data quality and the protection of sensitive data through modifications to organization behavior policies and standards, principles, governance metrics, processes, related tools and data architecture.
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance and ensure clear accountability for stewardship of the company’s principal information assets through education.
- Serve as a liaison between business\functional areas, the master data management organization and technology to ensure that data related business requirements for protecting sensitive data are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning.
- Develop & maintain inventory and data flow diagrams of the enterprise information maps, including authoritative systems, owners and data stewards
- Define indicators of performance and quality metrics and ensure compliance with data related policies, standards, roles and responsibilities, and adoption requirements. Provide progress reports to leadership and revise Data Governance roadmaps as required.
- Lead senior management, comprising of resources from the business\functional areas and IT business\operations functions, to achieve their objectives; resolve issues escalated from business and functional areas data governance representatives
- Maintain expertise and knowledge related to industry data governance best practices to drive continuous improvements in the data governance program including supporting policies.
- Maintain knowledge regulatory requirements (e.g. HIPAA, PCI, GDPR, CCPA, etc.) to determine how they might drive change in the data governance program.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 5+ years of experience in related data governance or data management field
- Experience in policy development, deployment and training.
- Effectiveness in building trust, respect and cooperation to develop cooperative and constructive working relationships and teams
- Highly organized and able to manage work independently and effectively with shifting priorities
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Cultivate strong collaboration with data owners and stewards at varying leadership levels to achieve goals of data governance program
- Ability to identify breakdowns, perform the tasks required to resolve the issue in a pragmatic and timely manner, and follow-up as necessary to ensure a satisfactory resolution.
- Possess and exercise a strong sense of ethics and confidentiality.
- Undergraduate degree in Computing Science, Information Management, MIS or related.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Knowledge of industry leading data quality and protection management practices with supporting technology solutions
- Knowledge of data governance practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets and approaches related to data protection
- Experience in performing compliance reviews against policies and standards
- Strong project management skills
- Demonstrated consulting skills, with change management concepts and strategies, including communication, culture change and break down complex problems into manageable goals
- Internally and externally recognized subject matter expert that can influence the organization
- Strong business process knowledge
- Knowledge in information security industry best practices and standards (NIST, ISO, COBIT, etc.)
- Knowledge of data related government regulatory requirements and emerging trends and issues
- Remote work is available once a week for eligible employees
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United State
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.