IT Architect (eCommerce Systems)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 10391 Apply
The Business Process and Technology (BPT) organization is comprised of several groups who contribute to the overall IT success of SC Johnson. This position, eCommerce Digital Architect, is part of the Application Development, Maintenance and Integration (ADMI) group.
This role is responsible for architecting and implementing the technology ecosystem required to support our eCommerce efforts across several go-to-market models, including online marketplaces, click and collect, direct-to-consumer, and business-to-business. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of the eCommerce technology landscape from digital marketing through fulfillment, with a bias toward leveraging data and analytics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a strategy and associated architecture to enable a data-driven approach to digital marketing and eCommerce
- Lead integration efforts to wire together disparate applications in support of eCommerce processes
- Design, coordinate, and execute pilots and proof of concepts with relevant technologies
- Manage system integrators and contractors while overseeing development and testing activities
- Serve as technical lead for eCommerce and digital marketing projects
- Lead eCommerce and digital marketing software selection processes
- Create architecture artifacts, including design documents, roadmaps, standards, and principles
- Collaborate with BPT colleagues and departments to ensure compliance with company technology standards and processes
- Lead and manage upgrades to eCommerce and digital marketing platforms
- Provide technical thought leadership in emerging technologies, such as Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Virtual Reality (VR), Blockchain, Augmented Reality (AR).
- Ability to architect and design elegant, easy-to-use systems and applications
- Ability to apply big-picture thinking to understand relationships and dependencies across a systems and data landscape
- Ability to present ideas clearly and convincingly to all levels of the organization
- Ability to manage multiple activities at once in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability to translate business requirements into workable solutions
- Ability to lead a team of technical and non-technical individuals
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field
- 5+ years working with cloud-based eCommerce solutions, preferably Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS)
- 5+ years systems integration experience with eCommerce tools
- Experience in Sales, Marketing and Supply Chain business domains as it relates to leading the technical delivery of end to end B2B/B2C eCommerce front-end and fulfillment services
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience architecting MarTech solutions
- Experience collaborating with SAP-functional and technical, EDI/integration teams, MDM/PIM, and 3rd party eCommerce SaaS, fulfillment services, and creative agencies in delivering technology solutions.
- Experience managing onshore and offshore delivery teams.
- Experience supporting multiple brands/divisions/business units, including globally.
- Experience managing direct-to-consumer eCommerce architectures
- Experience working with online marketplace technologies
- Experience with Predictive Analytics
- Experience with Customer Data Management (CDM) platforms
- Experience working in an Agile framework
- Experience working in the Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) industry
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.