Manager, IT – Application Implementation Project ManagerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12945 Apply
The Manager, IT Application Implementation Project Manager, is part of the Application Development, Maintenance and Integration (ADMI) group and will be responsible for managing internal Business Applications projects. This role will also work collaboratively within BPT (the Business Process and Technology organization is comprised of several groups contributing to the overall IT success of SC Johnson globally) to ensure security, infrastructure and operations, governance, information management, architectural engineering, and strategic demand management are closely informed of activity, changes, and needs of the business related to the supported applications and activities. As a member of the ADMI team, you will be part of a fast paced, digitally savvy team that’s critical to the success of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Applications Tower Director in ADMI and will be responsible for all business applications projects in the defined globally portfolio.
- Responsible for ensuring that the assigned projects are implemented in accordance to established project methodologies, in particular ensuring that communications and appropriate stage gate reviews are in place.
- Resource planning for implementations in line with complexity of implementations. Manage consulting cost for implementations.
- Manage business risk assessment for all implementations, data collection and pre-implementation preparation.
- Engage and coordinate with different implementation support functions such as the data migration team and any training function in the execution of the projects.
- Planning, analysis, configuration, development, implementation and maintenance of business solutions to support SCJ business operations requirements.
- Ensure delivery of the projects on schedule, within budget and in line with the parameters set by the global template design.
- Support business change management as part of process transformation in application implementations.
- Provide conflict management and resolution for projects.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Management Information Systems or related degree.
- 10+ years of experience in Consulting and other IT roles.
- 5+ years of IT project management experience or relevant IT work experience, with at least six full life-cycle projects successfully completed.
- Experience being the Project Manager on Human Resources or Back Office IT projects
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Business Partner’s services including line of business, processes and applicable technologies
- Experience with hands on participation in the delivery of high complexity global projects
- Experience with global enterprises and cross functional projects
- Knowledge of productivity measures and methodologies
- Working knowledge of IT outsourcing models and governance including Cloud, Managed Services, Strategic Sourcing partnerships
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and able to present effectively to senior management.
- Strong ability to interact effectively and influence at all levels of the organization
- Possess business process expertise and technical understanding of IT and impact on the business
- Dedication and commitment to top-quality service and to meeting customer expectations
- Results-oriented leadership and facilitation capabilities
- Creativity and flexibility in analytical skills to facilitate leveraging solutions for a win-win outcome
- Speed and responsiveness in the resolution of issues
- Natural leadership ability and strong work ethic
- Experience in developing business cases, cost/benefit analyses, ROIs and financial models
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.