Manager, IT – PMO LeaderRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 17091 Apply
This Manager, IT – PMO Leader is broad in its conception and runs the gamut from strategic and tactical project management oversight, to enterprise portfolio management encompassing PMO leadership and governance to team coaching and mentoring and everything in between!
This key leadership role will reinvent, build, grow, and lead the Project Management Office, oversee all phases of our core Enterprise-wide projects and initiatives, ensure we are aligned to business priorities and provide status to our senior executive team. The role includes leading, directing and coaching a skilled and motivated program/project manager, by building an expert team, and ensuring they have the resources and budget to accomplish their objectives. It is imperative for the modern PMO to refocus, repurpose and reinvent itself to meet today’s business challenges
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
These are six mindset shifts are imperative for the reinvention and transformation of the PMO:
- From change management to change leadership mindset
- From service and support to ownership and accountability mindset
- From delivery to adoption and useability mindset
- From delivery-oriented governance to business-oriented governance mindset
- From delivery of projects to benefits realization and business value mindset
- From a diffused and disjointed focus to a holistic and balanced adaptive mindset
This position reports to the Senior Director PMO, Governance and Enterprise Architecture
- The successful candidate will be someone special who has clearly demonstrated skills in these areas:
- Building capabilities to adapt to the dynamic changes and business complexities by balancing the need for formal structures and discipline on one hand and the need to be responsive and adaptive to support the need for creativity and innovation on the other
- Develop new ways and processes to respond to the perception of overhead and bureaucracy; use new approaches to prove value in the era of cost reduction; develop new ways of working when stakeholders are no longer satisfied with only on-scope, on time and on-budget delivery.
- Reinvent the primary processes that validates and shapes ideas and sets initial portfolio goals, validates project scope and objectives, establishes who the resources are, cost and timing of the effort.
- Serve as the primary information technology leader who develops, maintains, and advances a business focused roadmap of projects across the enterprise including supporting prioritization of right projects and programs
- Guides executives to think about organizational business goals which will drive technology direction and decisions, shaping the IT project portfolio
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive resource plan to ensure project delivery including the management and reporting of the overall scope, budget, schedule and resources as well as identifying and managing the dependencies across portfolios
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive risk identification and risk mitigation plan for ongoing projects and visibility to take correction action before they impact financial results and disrupt business operations
- Influences and recommends strategies and methods to improve organizational project implementation effectiveness; advocates and advances the organizational benefits of a strong business architecture driven organization
- Participates in the development of annual budgets and ongoing monitoring of project budgets
- Lead a matrix-oriented team of Project Managers responsible for the delivery of project initiatives, including aligning the right resources to the right projects, including resource constrained portfolios
- Experience balancing and leading the prioritization of new project efforts including resource and budget planning experience
- Demonstrated success leading, coaching, mentoring and training direct reports and aligned staff for the purpose of improving organizational project/program management effectiveness
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with demonstrated experience using data-driven decision making and performing financial and operational analysis
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 5+ years of IT Planning and Portfolio Management experience, consulting experience is a plus
- 10+ years Business Analyst / Architecture experience, including demonstrated implementation and execution of continuous improvement success in a large enterprise
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong understanding of CPG technologies and business practices
- Deep Business Architecture, Portfolio Planning and Project Management skill and experiences
- Deep understanding of the project life cycle
- Demonstrated ability to communicate technology matters to business stakeholders and senior executives
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and work in a dynamic, results oriented work environment
- Strong storytelling capability through presentation mediums
- Ability to navigate and influence across all levels of management
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Exceptional executive communication skills, presenting too and working towards gaining consensus and drive critical decisions.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.