Manager, Lean - Global Manufacturing COE - CIRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15739 Apply
The Manager, Lean - Global Manufacturing COE – Continuous Improvement, will support an end-to-end manufacturing evolution, focused on optimizing renewable energy, removing supply chain waste, and operating responsibly and reliably around the world. This role is responsible for engaging regional and global leadership teams to institutionalize the principles of Lean, Six-Sigma, and Total Productive Manufacturing, supporting project work, conducting loss analysis, and building a continuous improvement mindset in 25+ manufacturing facilities. This role contributes significantly to the SC Johnson Supply Chain Strategic Initiatives, by serving as a coach and mentor, coordinating workshops and site specific training, openly sharing their guidance, technical expertise, and pragmatic experience, through a boots-on-the-ground, hands-on approach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the strategy development and multi-year implementation plan for manufacturing performance improvement.
- Champion Lean tools as a practical solution, foster alignment, and support among key leaders, prepare the overall project plan with deliverables, and establish the global and regional approach, governance, and implementation plan. Identify necessary resource requirements, relevant performance metrics, and timeframes.
- Develop and document global manufacturing performance systems guidance, facilitating the standardization and reapplication of best practices that have demonstrated and sustainable efficiency gains.
- Lead 25+ manufacturing plants in processes aimed at identification of losses beyond the 4 walls of the site, including: in-sourcing, scrap, internal fixed/variable costs, and end-to-end supply chain cost reduction targets.
- Manage an enterprise supply chain data management system, supporting analysis, identification, and results measurement for the key improvement focus areas.
- Align and train regional continuous improvement teams, developing and growing competencies that target both business and personal succession plan needs.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, Engineering degree is desirable
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification or higher
- 7+ years of cross-functional experience in front-line management within a TPM/Lean manufacturing environment
- Technical acumen, 5+ years’ experience in Autonomous Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, or Focused Improvement
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Lean/TPM/Six Sigma, demonstrated ability to utilize lean six sigma tools: VSM, basic statistics, Loss analysis, competency gap assessments, AM through steps 3-4, BD Analysis, etc.
- Business Acumen understand business implications of decisions and align work with strategic goals.
- Problem Solving, identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Systemic Thinking, anticipate issues and needs, demonstrated ability to build a repeatable Lean process versus a one-off solution.
- Demonstrated project and change management skills.
- Excellent organization, communication, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills a must.
- Technical Savvy, expert level knowledge of manufacturing performance systems such as SAP, Plant Metrics, Tableau, Power-BI, etc.
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire and motivate people to affect organizational-wide change.
- Cross-Cultural Awareness, work seamlessly with teams throughout the world.
- Coaching, build capabilities with regional teams and track skills at a global level.
- Proven experience working cross-functionally across the manufacturing supply chain network
- Proof of lean principles mastery across Operating Systems, Management Infrastructure, and Mindset, Behaviors and Capabilities
- Full-time office environment
- Travel requirements up to 33%
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.