Manager,LeanRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12648 Apply
The Waxdale Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager is a key leadership team member who will engage with the Waxdale site, North America regional and global leadership teams, to coordinate project work, conduct loss analysis and drive continuous improvement at the Waxdale facility. This role contributes significantly to the work of SCJ Supply Chain Strategic Initiatives, ensuring timely decisions are made to impact end-to-end strategic goals. In addition, this position will deliver required operational improvements to achieve SCJ business goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly manages the Lean/CI team and works closely with other functions in the organizations to ensure CI efforts and results are aligned with company standards and goals, driving total system efficiencies
- Influence and deploy clear objectives and target settings on a defined glide path
- Lead initiatives at Waxdale to identify losses beyond the factory walls including:
- Schedule adherence
- Scrap reduction
- Fixed/Variable cost improvements
- Identifying and implementing opportunities to positively impact total end-to-end supply chain costs
- Successful delivery of loss targets
- Facilitate step change results in areas of safety, quality, productivity, service and cost
- Ensure reapplication of best practices including those identified across SCJ’s operations globally
- Manage Waxdale’s data analysis and identify areas of opportunity to reduce operating costs
- Ensure robust tracking and reporting of opportunities and results
- Drive total end-to-end savings projects
- Ensure capabilities are built in site and within regional continuous improvement teams
- Coordinate with Regional CI teams to not only ensure teams can develop and implement standards, but also valid the effectiveness with the purpose of increasing operational flexibility.
- Coach Waxdale and regional teams in Lean principles (FI/T&D/AM/PM) as required
Key Skills & Competencies:
- Lean/Six Sigma - Demonstrate ability to utilize lean six sigma tools: VSM, basic statistics, loss analysis, competency gap assessments, AM through steps 3-4, BD Analysis, etc.
- Business Acumen – Understand business implications of decisions and align work with strategic goals
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Systemic Thinking – Anticipate issues and needs, and work to build a repeatable Lean process versus a one-off solution
- Project Management – Develop project plans, communicate changes and progress, and complete projects on time
- Planning and Organizing – Prioritize and plan work activities; set goals and objectives
- Technical Savvy – Leverage data collection and analysis systems such as MDI, Tableau, SAP, Entropy, Bluescape, Skype for Business, etc. for efficient effective worldwide collaboration
- Communication – Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills
- Data Visualization – Create graphics to make complex topics understandable by multiple audiences
- Cross-Cultural Awareness – Work seamlessly with team members from around the world
- Facilitation – Gate keep and facilitate a process to ensure processes stay on track to deliver desired outcomes
- Coaching – Build and track continuous improvement capabilities with Waxdale teams
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 7+ years’ experience as a leader in Operations
- 7+ years’ experience in TPM/Lean application in a manufacturing environment
- Experience working across the manufacturing network; desirable intercultural outside one single country
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Master’s or Engineering degree is desirable
- 5+ years’ cross-functional experience in Autonomous Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, or Focused Improvement.
- 2+ years’ experience as a front-line leader in Manufacturing
- Maintains mastery of the lean principles across Operating Systems, Management Infrastructure, and Mindset, Behaviors and Capabilities
- Solid Project Management skills, deep knowledge of TPM and mastery of the Focused Improvement process
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt external certification or higher
- Can effectively influence and garner support from others, negotiate persuasively, and create win/win outcomes
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.