Manager, Logistics OperationsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10187 Apply
Global Supply Chain has mobilized a business cross-functional team to develop and execute a global supply chain network and productivity program to deliver incremental savings for the business. As a member of the leadership team, this leader will play a pivotal role in designing, shaping and executing the strategic and transformational agenda of the Global Supply Chain. The right individual will bring confidence and high learning agility to a dynamic and changing environment and partner with the Global SC leadership team to deliver its transformational agenda.
- Lead strategic and transformational initiatives from concept design, through detailed feasibility analysis and business case development to approval from the Executive Board. As part of this role, develop a prioritized opportunity roadmap of defined projects to reduce the current logistics cost base by 10% over the life of the strategic plan
- Execute strategic logistics initiatives on time in cost
- Build and strengthen SC Johnson logistics capability
- Support and advise the Global SC leadership team in strategic business integration programs in analysis of business synergies, network design and optimization etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and drive strategic and transformational SC initiatives from concept design, through detailed feasibility analysis and business case development to approval from the Executive Board in conjunction with Global Supply Chain Executive team that enables the business to win in market
- Design and develop global and regional network / functional strategies and roadmap to shape a best-in-class supply chain with a sustained competitive advantage by leveraging internal and external assets, identifying cost improvements and enabling growth through a deep understanding of the business requirements, external trends and relevant supply chain innovation.
- Envision the future state (SC ambitions, macro and consumer trends, scan competitive landscape)
- Conduct analysis on existing supply chain/ business performance to create baseline
- Design scenarios to ‘bring to life’ future possibilities in conjunction with Regional SC teams
- Ensure the new supply chain design serves the needs of the business by understanding their needs (agility, competitiveness, growth etc.) and gain buy-in from Regional business teams on proposed changes
- Frame the SC strategy and roadmap
- Align, inspire and mobilize organization to execute roadmap
- Execute strategic initiatives on time in cost with minimum disruption to existing business
- Define project scope and objectives
- Build robust governance model, project implementation and risk mitigation plans and budgets in conjunction with Regional SC teams
- Define data requirements, resources and timing to build business case and assess feasibility
- Identify risks and opportunities and assess feasibility accordingly
- Build compelling cross-functional business case for change
- Execute project on time in cost as per approved business case
- Develop and drive a standard global transformation project methodology
- Build and strengthen SC Johnson logistics capability by:
- Developing a logistics strategic modelling, opportunity analysis and business case development capability within SC Johnson team working side-by-side with AT Kearney experts that is sustainable by SC Johnson post engagement
- Developing and driving a standard global footprint project methodology
- Provide common frameworks and approaches to analyze supply chain transformation projects
- Contribute to PMO tools definition with execution team (financials and progress reporting, assessment frameworks, …)
- Monitor compliance vs. std design
- Support regional implementation teams in overcoming issues
- Re-challenge projects scope and timing to secure/increase savings delivered and accelerate delivery
- Ensure cross-sharing of best practices and industry benchmarks to relentlessly drive for continuous step change in cost competitiveness and EBITDA margin
- Build team with deep functional expertise
- Support and advise the Global Supply Chain leadership team in strategic business integration programs in analysis of business synergies, network design and optimization etc
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
1. A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or related business discipline
2. 10 years of related experience is required with a minimum of 5 years of proven experience across a number of Operations/ Supply Chain leadership roles
3. Demonstrated experience in supply chain strategy and/or change project/program leadership roles in a multinational FMCG company and/or in an operations practice group in a strategic consulting company
4. Willingness to do international travel
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
1. Strategic Change/Thought Leadership – Demonstrated ability to identify the problem the organization is trying to fix, construct and articulate a new vision, prepare the organization for change, build and execute a roadmap taking the organization from the current state to the new vision whilst managing stakeholders through the change.
2. Results Driven – Creates a results-based organization by consistently pushing self and others, sets aggressive goals and has high standards. Actively seeks input from a diverse set of sources to make timely and well-informed decisions to deliver exceptional results.
3. Dealing with Ambiguity - Adapts quickly to changing conditions and scenarios, able to embraces situations that are highly ambiguous making sound and timely decisions. Proven ability to simplify complex issues, analyse potential options, develop recommendations including business value and risks and then bring forward to key stakeholders for decision.
4. Effective Communication – Demonstrated ability to connect and influence multiple levels of the organization both internally and externally through strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to challenge the status quo in a constructive way
5. Business and Financial Acumen - In-depth understanding of SCJ operating model, businesses and supply chains. Able to evaluate scenarios and implications of complex decisions and how to leverage key stakeholders to drive fast, efficient and effective business process and results.
6. Building Diverse / Collaborative Teams - Models inclusivity by leveraging each team member’s unique background and perspective, builds a strong team atmosphere that others want to be part of and is able to influence the cross functional team towards delivering exceptional results
7. Program / Project Management – Develop project plans, communicate scope, budgetary and/or resource changes and progress, and complete projects on time in budget. Proven ability to lead large programs in a matrixed environment
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.