Manager, Marketing Brand Management, Idea LabRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15668 Apply
As Manager of Idea Lab Innovation, you will lead the delivery of breakthrough innovation across the organization to fuel the growth of the Global Consumer Brands business. You will also function as the innovation liaison to the base category team, driving innovation best-practices within the global teams and the regions. Central to the role is the identification of consumer insights and white space opportunities rooted in deep consumer understanding and the translation into winning propositions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core responsibilities include the ideation, scoping, and development of NPD projects for innovation, incl. design and concept development.
- Identify white space opportunities and bring along senior leaders, category leaders and cross functional team on your analysis and recommendation.
- Translate unmet consumer needs into winning concepts that meet the category needs.
- Lead the scoping of winning concepts.
- Ensure that the proposition stays true to the unmet need(s), making tradeoffs to ensure the final product delivery meets both consumer needs and financial objectives.
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver the project on time, on budget, and within the financial guardrails.
- Ensure a meticulous handoff to the base category team that sets the project up for success.
- Support development of SCJ Way of Innovating
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Cross functional leadership
- Global experience/exposure
- Advanced degree
- Passion for innovation
- High sense of urgency
- Demonstrated team leadership and development
- Able to set a vision and sell to others, including senior management
- A collaborative problem-solver
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal and written
- Past Marketing Innovation experience preferred
- Full-time position
- Up to 10-15% international travel
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, child care, counseling services and more.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.