Manager, Portfolio Manager, New Product DevelopmentRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 21692 Apply
As the Manager, Portfolio Manager, New Product Development you will manage the End-to-End New Product Development (E2E NPD) innovation portfolio for up to two of the major global categories, which includes:
- Ensuring accountability to E2E NPD, Stage Gate, Global Category Council (GCC) and Portfolio Council processes in service of category business objectives
- Serving as a key strategic influencer to the category cross-functional leadership team, bringing forward analytics-driven insights on portfolio health assessments (e.g. financial impact, strategic intent, innovation mix, risk, resource allocation considerations, pacing) to enable robust decision making.
- Applying internal/external best practice tools and methodologies across categories to influence continuous process improvements within and scaled across categories
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Marketing, RD&E and Global Supply Chain category leaders to ensure the portfolio of projects meets the business needs, balancing the immediate and long-term, ensuring visibility to innovation roadmaps through Strat2025
- Accountable for bringing continuous improvements forward to enable efficient and effective decision-making in Stage Gates, Global Category Councils (GCC) and Portfolio Councils
- Elevate and assure accountability to E2E NPD Principles through the Global Category Council (GCC)
- Lead strategic improvement initiatives, including identification of clear problem(s) to solve, establishing vision for change, scenario analysis and assessment of options, ultimately driving to operationalize new behaviors/processes/tools
- Support building of the business Integrated Growth Plan (IGP)
- Coach teams on E2E process, the role of Battlegrounds, use of Visual Performance Management and escalation of critical issues to cross-functional category leadership to ensure alignment and execution of innovation portfolio and category objectives
- Support the development of a category performance management process in service of Portfolio Health, including a metrics review and visual performance management in the category team
- Act as Change Agent in partnering with E2E subprocess owners to ensure clear alignment and robust connection with E2E NPD Process
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience in product development in a business, brand or technical project management role OR a master’s degree with at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in leading strategic improvement work including capabilities, product development processes, operational management or special business initiatives
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Demonstrated track record for successfully managing a complex set of products, brands, projects and/or processes to deliver business results
- Proven ability to influence and lead across functions and management levels.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills, including strong evidence of cross-functional partnerships/relationships to drive process, behavior and cultural changes
- Demonstrated success of product launch through commercialization in marketing, RDE or supply chain function
- Strong organizational skills and demonstration of effective leadership in group meetings
- Building and managing performance metrics or experience in making data driven decisions
Key Leadership Attributes:
- Thought Leadership – Ability to build cohesiveness and trust within a cross-functional team, balanced with judgment that can make the right decisions and commitment to deliver what is promised and accept outcomes
- Communication – Ability to effectively communicate new ideas and approaches to audiences ranging from executive management to consumers
- Teamwork – Ability to work effectively with internal and external cross-functional team members in a cooperative, co-located and/or virtual environment
- Strategic Agility and Influence – Able to develop strategic plans for long term value improvement while also possessing ability to Drive for Results in short term
- Sense of Urgency – A person who takes prompt action to accomplish goals; proactively attempts to influence events rather than passive
- Full time
- Core Business Hours with expectation to be available for calls & meetings across time zones
- 0-5% travel
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.