Manager, Procurement – Innovation, Lifestyle BrandsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14432 Apply
The Manager, Procurement – Innovation, Lifestyle Brands role will act as Procurement lead to support the launch of a key brand of products in North America. You will serve as a member of a cross-functional team dedicated to creating and launching innovation for the brand and will lead multiple, highly complex projects focused on this area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the implementation of procurement sourcing strategies across raw materials, packaging, & contract manufacturing to support the launch of the brand in North America.
- Partner with R&D to scout and assess new technology providers and capabilities to support product concepts across the brand’s innovation pipeline.
- Lead procurement responsibilities for the brand’s launch team, managing ~10 innovation projects of high complexity.
- Influence supplier selection and collaborate on sourcing strategy development where required with Global Portfolio teams across all categories. Follow Global Sourcing Strategies where existing.
- Accountable for cost pre- & post- launch, in partnership with Global Portfolio teams. Lead supplier risk assessment process during development phase of each project.
- Manage suppliers to deliver against project milestones and drive weekly team meetings with key suppliers to ensure accountability.
- Partner with Global Portfolio teams to define commercial terms, in alignment with Global Sourcing Strategies (pricing, capital, supply assurance, quality, etc).
- Incorporate Brand and Corporate Sustainability strategies into sourcing plans to help ensure we are leading edge in CPG sustainability.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree or military experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement
- 7+ years of Procurement management experience in contract manufacturing, packaging, or raw materials
- 3+ years of experience in Consumer-Packaged Goods industry
- 3+ years of experience with ERP systems (SAP preferred)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- MBA or other Master’s Degree
- Procurement experience within Consumer Goods Industry
- Strong knowledge and proven success in negotiation, sourcing methodologies, and launching innovation
- Proven track record in building relationships and strategic alliances internally and externally with a focus on collaboratively influencing teams to meet objectives
- Strong interpersonal communication, organization and analytical skills
- Strong Financial Acumen and Stakeholder Influencing Skills
- Ability to think strategically and objectively with an aptitude for building viable action plans
- Ability to manage multiple projects at a time and under tight timelines.
- Ability to analyze and assimilate relevant data into recommendations and decisions
- Ability to manage ambiguity
- Ability to collaborate cross functionally and interface with multiple levels of both internal and external organizations
- 15% Travel Required
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.