Manager, Public AffairsRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12213 Apply
As essential member of the high-performing Global Public Affairs team, the Public Affairs Manager supports Corporate Initiatives and is responsible for developing and implementing programs to enhance the company’s external corporate reputation to key stakeholders including media, NGOs, govt and key partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing, implementing and reporting on proactive strategic programs around company’s key pillars including: philanthropy/giving, sustainability, great workplaces, innovative brands
- Supports Director of Reputation Management on managing public affairs issues that may impact SC Johnson. This includes issue research and analysis, developing communication materials and implementing plans
- Cultivate and maintain strong media relationships
- Manage the Public Affairs media request inbox and hotline, and lead on external media requests related to Public Affairs Issues/ Reputational Issues
- Advance company’s positions with key stakeholders
- In partnership with Gov’t Relations and Reputation Management, support the identification of SC Johnson’s priority public policy issues, and appropriate strategies to affect those issues on an annual basis
- Lead on Chairman and Consumer Product Helpline letters – writing and approvals. This involves researching the questions asked and developing responses
- Lead on company’s annual Sustainability Report
- Develop and execute various corporate communication tools including: company’s corporate website, corporate social properties, press releases, global voice, corporate presentations, company backgrounders, boilerplate, etc.
- Develop and manage budget on assigned projects
- Enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences
- Manage and staff select external communications, presentations for key executives
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through personal training and development
- Perform other responsibilities and assist with special projects as needed
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, public relations, communications, government affairs or related field, graduate degree a plus
- Minimum of seven years communication experience in corporate, PR agency or consulting
- Previous global and/or consumer products experience desired
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills – working knowledge of a second language is a plus
- Ability to function effectively in a demanding, fast-paced and constantly changing work environment
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills
- Experienced in dealing with top-tier media
- Able to build relationships with key NGO contacts
- Possesses advanced computer skills
- Experience, knowledge of online/social media
- Able to travel up to 10% of the time
- High level of professional integrity and discretion
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.