Marketing MBA Internship (Summer 2024)
A career in marketing at SC Johnson gives you the opportunity to bring your business acumen and creativity to iconic brands that consumers trust and love. Through product innovations and equity-building communications, you’ll connect people around the globe to our quality, trusted household products.
SC Johnson marketers drive our vision to be the best in conversion marketing – creating profitable growth and growing brand affinity. They also own the P&L, solve holistic business problems, and activate the company’s purpose-driven mission of making life cleaner, healthier and better through leading initiatives in sustainability, ingredient transparency and community support.
As part of the marketing organization, you’ll be surrounded by passionate team members who lead with innovative ideas that delight our consumers. You’ll expand capabilities by working hand-in-hand with best-in-class agencies to develop brand stories and strategies that come to life through omnichannel campaigns. Your skills in collaboration and communication will be key on projects with cross-functional partners as you analyze consumer insights and craft ideas, innovations and new product developments that drive growth across our categories and brands around the world.
Location: Racine, Wisconsin
Job Type: Full-Time
Compensation: Competitive with benefits package
- Strategic problem solver
- Consumer centric
- Collaborative partner
- Culturally aware
Experiences You’ll Have
Exciting moments you can look forward to as part of our team
Celebrate the success of pioneering launches, promotions and partnerships with our quality, trusted brands.
Lead and inspire teams to represent our portfolio through sharing product innovations and brand positioning.
Feel the camaraderie that comes with being part of something bigger at annual awards celebrations and events.
SC JOHNSON IS A FIFTH-GENERATION FAMILY COMPANY BUILT ON THE SPIRIT OF OUR PEOPLE. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building iconic brands that win the hearts and minds of consumers – such as Raid®, Glade®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country around the world. Together, we are creating a better future – for the planet, for future generations and for every SCJ team member. Join our winning team of Wave Makers and Go Getters and help us write the next chapter in the SCJ story.
As a Marketing Intern at SC Johnson, you’ll gain hands-on experiences in marketing and project management which prepare you for a full-time career in brand management. You’ll work with our Global Marketing team based in Racine, WI on a robust project with real business needs that is vital to the continued success and growth of our brands.
Your marketing internship project will focus on providing enriching experiences to help develop key skills in:
·Brand Strategy and Execution: You’ll learn how teams develop brand strategies that drive both annual and longer-term objectives of our global brands. In addition, you’ll be exposed to how teams influence strategies across business functions and geographies, translating plans into local, in-market executions.
·Insights: Through analysis of data, you’ll enrich your understanding of consumer/shopper motivations, beliefs, and behaviors, leading to the development of marketing plans that build brand and commercial equity.
·Business Analytics: You’ll explore data to discover and define root cause factors that you can translate into timely and actionable business decisions.
·Leadership/Project Management: Develop your partnership and team management skills by working with cross-functional teams to create and execute strategies.
·Communication Execution: Collaborate with agency partners and leverage integrated multi-channel communication assets to execute campaigns that build brand equity and connect with the target consumer.
·Financial Acumen: Learn how to manage and achieve successful financial outcomes through effective Profit & Loss (P&L) management, return on investment (ROI) and pricing strategies.
Internship Benefits and Perks:
SC Johnson’s internships offer immersive experiences for top early career talent in our various business functions through hands-on, robust project work and comprehensive training programs. Through exposure to the company’s senior leaders, coaching and mentoring programs and networking opportunities, you’ll be set up with the support you need to thrive in our family company. As part of our internship experience, you’ll be considered in the priority pipeline for full-time roles at SC Johnson after you’ve completed your degree.
In addition to the real-world experience, you’ll gain through our internships, we’re pleased to offer interns several perks which help expose you to what it’s like to be part of a team working at SC Johnson full-time:
- Housing: Subsidized housing is available in Milwaukee and Chicago, helping interns to experience living in the areas surrounding our corporate and North America headquarters.
- Company Store: You’ll have access to our on-site company stores (Racine locations) to purchase SCJ products at a discount.
- Johnson Mutual Benefits Association (JMBA) Center: Visit the hub of SCJ recreation and fitness programs in Racine for 146 acres of outdoor activities at Armstrong Park and 50,000-square-feet of indoor space including the Raymond F. Farley Aquatic Center.
- Events: Enjoy getting to know fellow interns and networking with SCJ team members throughout the summer at events that encourage camaraderie and connection.
- Exposure to Senior Leaders: During your internship, you’ll connect directly with senior members of the organization to gain insights, ask questions, and present your project learnings.
- Training: We provide a formalized training program that includes topics such as SAP training, P&L training and others necessitated by the specific project(s).
- Coaching and Mentoring: From day one, you will receive support from an experienced manager and mentor to help answer any questions you may have along the way.
- Flexibility to participate in Summer Hours, which allows you to complete your work week by noon on Friday.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Must be enrolled and seeking MBA or a related degree with a graduation date of December 2024 or May/June 2025
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for current or future sponsorship for full-time employment
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience
- Available to complete internship early June 2024 through early August 2024
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- At least 3 years of previous internship or work experience within the industry (preferably)
- Involved and assumes leadership roles in various school activities
- Global experience/exposure
- Passion for innovation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for building internal and external relationships
- Proactive and committed to delivering results by fostering a sense of ownership and curiosity
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook)
- Demonstrates superior written and oral communication
- Demonstrates the ability to manage projects, independent thinking, and initiatives with minimal direction
- Demonstrates learning agility by adjusting and adapting to complex and changing situations
- Full time Monday- Friday
- 10-week summer internship
- This position is not eligible for remote work
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.
Benefits and Opportunities
Our comprehensive benefits packages vary by location, but are all competitive within each market for our global careers.
Health, Dental, Vision & Pharmacy Coverage
with Employer Matching
Wellness & Employee Assistance Programs
Half-day Fridays During
Career Pathing & Skill Development
Explore Our Career Areas
Whether you’re a member of our manufacturing team, building innovative products, or on our Marketing team, creating the campaigns that bring those products into 99 million households, you’ll be an integral part of what’s made us an industry leader for more than 130 years.
Careers with SC Johnson offer even more opportunities. Check out openings within SC Johnson Professional, our business unit dedicated to providing solutions to healthcare, industrial and institutional markets, and SC Johnson Lifestyle Brands, a growing house of like-minded brands working together for bold, transformative growth.
- Electrical/Mechanical Engineering Supply Chain Internship - Summer 2024 Racine, Wisconsin
- Associate Manager, CRC Technologies & Analytics Racine, Wisconsin
- Associate Brand Manager, Air Care Innovation Racine, Wisconsin
- Consumer Insights & Business Analytics MBA Internship (Summer 2024) Racine, Wisconsin