Production Operator (Level 3)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 14240 Apply
Able to autonomously setup, run, changeover and troubleshoot multiple technologies on a production line with various types of low-tech and high-tech equipment; this may include filling, labeling, packaging and palletizing equipment across single or multiple lines. Serves as the subject matter expert, and can train others, which includes completing training documentation. The primary goal is to work safely with a focus on teamwork towards the reduction of downtime, as well as improving efficiency and quality. Partnering with cross-functional teams is crucial to the success of an Aerosols and Liquids Operator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Runs/sets up industrial equipment, such as:
- Assembling or sorting equipment
- General automated manufacturing or production equipment
- Follows equipment safety standards:
- Performs safety checks
- Uses safety devices – interlocks, e-stops, guarding
- Ensures product quality, such as:
- Conducting quality audits
- Identifying and addressing defective product
- Recovering from bad audits
- Performs tasks such as:
- Removing and replacing equipment parts for changing over to other products
- Completing preventative maintenance, such as cleaning, inspecting, and lubricating equipment
- Repairing equipment by removing and replacing parts
- Assisting with rebuilding parts, as necessary
- Uses inventory controls systems, such as SAP
- Runs/sets up equipment and performs preventative maintenance on industrial equipment.
- Reads system drawings or equipment manuals to identify equipment parts and their functions
- Rebuilds equipment parts, as necessary
- Serves as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to assist or train other operators
- Assists with providing content for training documentation
- Assists with coordination of planned maintenance events
- Takes ownership for maintenance and equipment operation autonomy
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace in accordance with SCJ policies and procedures
- Interact professionally and make positive contributions within the team and business environment using SCJ principles
- Develop and maintain compliance with standard work and standard operating procedures
- Show adaptability by performing various assignments during the shift
- Must be available to work overtime as needed
- Work to maximize uptime and reduce scrap
- Maintain and improve quality standards
- Identify wastes and eliminate losses
- Support Plant audits: GMP, SQA, ISO, SEA, Housekeeping, Center lining, etc.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing including Value Stream Mapping, CILT, Visual Management, Setup reduction time & Kaizen
- Complete technical training grid requirements within the allotted timeframe
- Ability to work on multiple technologies
- Able to fulfill QLR or SLR role on team
- Ability to interact with robotics
- Helps develop new procedures and practices
- Can function as a key process owner / driver in a specified area of responsibility
- Participate in process improvement projects as necessary (DMAIC, Fishbone 5 Way analysis, etc.)
- Serve as new equipment champion when introducing new technology into the plant
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 3 years of Manufacturing or production experience
- Lean Manufacturing Experience
- Basic pneumatic and lubrication skills
- Demonstrated Math and Measurement skills.
- Basic hand tool skills
- Working knowledge of Safety, and Health and Environment principles and practices in a manufacturing setting.
- Proven ability to apply problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work in a team environment
- Flexibility to work within teams and independently with minimal supervision to meet operational goals
- Multitasking and running/setting up multiple high-tech machines at the same time
- Effectively communicate and work in a team environment
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Manufacturing experience at S.C. Johnson Waxdale facility.
- Proficient in the use and application of MS Office Suite Products (Outlook – Calendar and Email; Word, Excel)
- Experience with: Filling equipment, labeling, sleeving, or thermoforming equipment, and General automated manufacturing or product equipment
- Robotics Equipment Experience
- Running pressure filling equipment
- Formally training other operators to skill mastery
- Additional Training and Education Preferred:
- Associate’s or Technical Degree/Certification
- Process Safety Management training
- Equipment Certification
- Certification as equipment operator trainer
- Equipment Certification
- These positions will be on the back shift with openings on 2nd, 3rd or 12 hour teams.
- Ability to complete the essential functions of the job and tolerate the ergonomic stressors of the job. This includes lifting up to forty (40) pounds, standing, sitting, walking, bending, climbing stairs and ladders, kneeling, reaching overhead, pushing, and pulling for up to eight (8) to twelve (12) hours daily
- All of ones’ time is spent in manufacturing working environment
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.