Quality TechnicianRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15208 Apply
The Quality Technician prepares technical information for the Quality Engineering team. In addition, this role also collaborates to ensure quality systems and programs are executed, the pre-commercialization quality activities are completed, and that the products manufactured in 3PM’s and suppliers are of the highest standard throughout the development process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the information collection and reporting of the Quality Teams KPI (metrics)
- Manage Positive Release program for Products requiring Microbiological testing
- Support major holds and release programs
- Manage the Product Audit process for 3PMs
- Run reports for purchases and rejections for 3PMs and suppliers
- Enter data into Data Maintenance to support SRM
- Participate in CAPA/Escalated Issues/GEN23/GEN28/Consumer Complaints/Waivers and other problem resolution teams
- Participate on product development teams to ensure quality is driven into the product and manufacturing process at early stages of product development.
- Ensure that the pre-commercialization quality activities are completed by Actively participation in project teams, Technical Reviews and other forums.
- Collaborate on creation of Quality Control Plans, process mapping, PFMEA´s and others.
- Collaborate on development product related quality success criteria, PLQ (production line qualification)/PPV (Product and Process Validation)/ Molded Parts Qualification plans and others.
- Lead PLQ´s/parts qualification/ Molded Parts Qualification/Quality System Qualifications at 3PM´s and Suppliers.
- Support and assist any activity related to Quality topics of potential and current 3PM´s, Suppliers located in Americas Region
- Support any Quality activity related to Imported FG or materials to the NA Region (Containment in Americas and escalation/collaboration with the exporting Region).
- Complete SQA, product compliance, layered audits, deep product testing annual programs for assigned 3PM´s and suppliers.
- Responsible for practicing SCJ Safety, Health & Environment guidelines in daily work and considering Safety, Health & Environment aspects and impacts when developing plans, methods or procedures
review of consumer complaint data
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various internal and external stakeholders
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Associate degree in a technical discipline (min degree in-process)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- High degree of initiative and integrity
- A four-year degree is preferred
- Knowledge of applied statistics including process capability, sampling, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, Acceptance and Sampling
- Relevant quality/engineering knowledge and an understanding of manufacturing processes
- Experience with high-volume consumer products
- Knowledge and experience with Preventive Quality tools (Control Plans, Statistical process control, etc.)
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong technical skills including SAP, SharePoint, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge/Awareness of product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, product and process verification and validation methodologies, and manufacturing / production process control methodologies
- Full Time
- Willingness to travel locally to suppliers or 3PM’s (up to 25%)
- Will work with the highest level of compliance to Safety, Health and Environment rules and regulation
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.