Safety, Health and Environmental Intern (Summer 2021)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 13853 Apply
As a Safety, Health and Environmental (SHE) Intern at SC Johnson, you will have the opportunity to work in our largest chemical manufacturing facility located in Racine, Wisconsin, alongside our SHE team which has a combined 200+ years of professional SHE experience.
You will have the ability to work on projects that support the initiatives of the SHE Department to ensure the safety of SCJ employees, the community and the environment by reducing hazards and improving systems to demonstrate compliance, as well as reviewing practices and procedures for improvements to increase sustainability and reduce overall waste. Our facility offers opportunities to explore various work environments and SHE disciplines including:
- Operator - Machine Safety
- Industrial Hygiene
- Process Safety Management (PSM)
- Bulk and laboratory chemical handling
- On-site wastewater, recycling, and sustainable energy production
- On-site Fire Brigade
- Undergraduate student with a major in Occupational Safety, Health or Environmental Sciences
- GPA of 3.5 and above preferred
- Legally authorized to work in the United States; At this time SC Johnson is not sponsoring foreign nationals in an immigration case to gain full-time work authorization
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
You’ll be a great fit for this internship if you have demonstrated skills or experience in the following:
- Strong analytical, technical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Goal-oriented, results-driven and intellectually curious
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Excellent oral, written and communication/presentation aptitude
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Time management and organizational skills
INTERNSHIP BENEFITS AND PERKS
SC Johnson’s internships offer immersive experiences for top early career talent in our various business functions through hands-on, robust project work and comprehensive training programs. Through exposure to the company’s senior leaders, coaching and mentoring programs and networking opportunities, you’ll be set up with the support you need to thrive in our family company. As part of our internship experience, you’ll be considered in the priority pipeline for full-time roles at SC Johnson after you’ve completed your degree.
In addition to the real-world experience you’ll gain through our internships, we’re pleased to offer interns several perks which help expose you to what it’s like to be part of a team working at SC Johnson full-time:
- Housing: Subsidized housing is available in Milwaukee, helping interns to experience living in the areas surrounding our Racine locations.
- Company Store: You’ll have access to our on-site company stores to purchase SCJ products at a discount.
- Johnson Mutual Benefits Association (JMBA) Center: Visit the hub of SCJ recreation and fitness programs in Racine for 146 acres of outdoor activities at Armstrong Park and 50,000-square-feet of indoor space including the Raymond F. Farley Aquatic Center.
- Events: Enjoy getting to know fellow interns and networking with SCJ team members throughout the summer at events that encourage camaraderie and connection.
- Exposure to Senior Leaders: During your internship, you’ll connect directly with senior members of the organization to gain insights, ask questions and present your project learnings.
ABOUT SC JOHNSON
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.