Senior Analyst, Accounts Receivable, Credit & Collection - Customer Financial ServicesRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 16457 Apply
This position reports to the Manager, AR/Credit & Collections. The position assists the Manager in maintaining the Credit & Collections with S.C. Johnson’s customers in the US and Puerto Rico. The position performs ongoing reviews of customers’ financials and payment behaviors to establish credit limits, and to approve and release orders from credit hold. The Sr. Analyst will establish and maintain good customer contacts to ensure a smooth and efficient order-to-cash process. The position also attends occasional credit groups/conferences and will establish relationships with manufacturing peers to benchmark best practices and review customer experiences.
Qualified candidates may have the opportunity to rotate to other FP&A positions within our various SC Johnson finance groups after a successful assignment in this role (~36 months). This position is designed to give finance personnel direct exposure to customers and to develop a working knowledge of the order-to-cash process and working capital management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform credit and financial analyses on customers within portfolio.
- Establish risk categories, credit limits, and order releases for assigned accounts.
- Develop direct customer contacts and knowledge of customer operations.
- Develop and maintain knowledge and understanding of the legal aspects of credit management, collections, and cash flow management.
- Understand the order-to-cash cycle. Perform root cause analysis on issues and participate actively in the resolution of same.
- Participate in our trade credit groups. Develop relationships with our peers in the industry for the purposes of exchanging information on common customers and learning about our profession.
- Provide escalation collection assistance to Credit & Collection Specialist.
- Special projects as directed by the Credit & Collection Manager.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in an Accounts Receivable or Credit role.
- BS/BA (preferably in Finance/Accounting) required.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong ability and proven success to decipher financial statements and identify issues and problems that would affect a customer’s ability to pay invoices.
- Able to build relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Potential occasional travel to customers or credit conferences/groups.
- Process Improvement and simplification ability (i.e., Lean, Six Sigma, etc.)
- Strong Computer skills, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point, etc.
- Experience with SAP A/R and Credit Management
- High level of professional integrity and discretion
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.