Senior Analyst, Engineering - WaxdaleRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 16046 Apply
- This position is responsible for leading manufacturing operational improvement efforts to assure a safe, high quality and a performance improvement environment.
- The incumbent will continually look to eradicate losses, build new capabilities and/or implement new technologies, primarily focused on Safety, Quality, Cost and Productivity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads and participates on loss teams focused on improving line/plant efficiency and throughput.
- Partner with front line operations teams, Production Managers, Lean, and Engineering resources to scope and implement solutions that deliver on the site’s strategic initiatives and continually raise the bar in regards to safety, quality, productivity, customer delivery, cost, and morale
- Lead Kaizen events with a focus on SMED and TPM principles
- Utilize problem solving methods to drive sustained improvement and build capability in the front line
- Coach front line operations on Lean tools and systems to help them achieve and maintain results against desired future state
- Ensure sustainability and support of continuous improvements thru front line engagement, Gemba walks and partnering with L&D to ensure robust training and capability building
- Monitor progress made by Local teams on the improvement ideas from idea generation thru execution.
- Assure compliance of SCJ Global Standards and Regulations that may apply
- Develop, organize, plan, write and edit procedures and technical documents related to operations and equipment manuals to ensure complex information, instructions and concepts are easy to understand and appropriate for the audience.
- Investigates, drives, and assists in implementation of cost saving projects, process optimization, productivity improvements related to existing processes
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and minimum 3 years of relevant work experience or an advanced degree with 2 years relevant work experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience with continuous improvement methodologies, including experience in TPM early management and problem solving.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Proven ability to identify projects and improvement opportunities through both quantitative and qualitative assessment.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage a team to deliver results through others, keeping the team engaged, energized and committed
- Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas
- GMP, SAP, Microsoft Project, Autocad experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Technical writing capability
- Full-Time, 1st shift
- Travel expected: up to 10%
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.