Senior Analyst, Manufacturing Engineer- Packaging EquipmentRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 16007 Apply
The Senior Analyst, Packaging Equipment Engineer will support packaging equipment specification, design review, and other engineering activities for global projects. This person will demonstrate technical excellence to ensure that the goals and objectives of the projects are accomplished in the prescribed time frame and within the budget. He/She will work closely with the Engineering Directors, Safety Health and Environmental (SHE) Team, Quality Assurance, Research Development & Engineering and other cross functional groups to ensure technical alignment in support of operation, capital planning and project execution. This person will also work with local and global engineering solution providers to effectively achieve innovative technical solutions for initiatives that meet SC Johnson’s business needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares the specification of packaging equipment, solicit equipment bids, review vendor’s equipment proposals, and provide technical support to enable decision making on equipment selection.
- Develop project feasibility and alternatives: include order of magnitude cost estimate, description of capacities, rates of production, material of construction.
- Determine and optimize equipment utilization requirements to achieve maximum productivity within project cost constraints.
- Provide project justification and description with final project cost estimate and planned timing of implementation.
- Responsible for machine safety and the adherence to policies and regulations to ensure that all designs comply to SCJ Global Safety Standard and engineering tasks are performed in a safe manner.
- Investigates, and provides technical leadership in implementing cost saving projects, OEE Improvements and Lean manufacturing to existing processes and support systems globally.
- Provides engineering support activities for manufacturing facilities, which include major capital projects, equipment upgrades, major equipment and system purchases as well as installations.
- B.S. in Engineering preferably Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of related experience or an advanced degree with 1+ years of relevant engineering experience or manufacturing support, preferably in the CPG, Food/Beverage, or Pharmaceutical Industries developing packaging equipment solutions
- Continuous Improvement – knowledge and experience in driving TPM Early Management methodology and Lean Manufacturing
- International project implementation experience is plus
- Experience with Liquid and Aerosol filling, labeling, sleeving and any associated ancillary equipment is preferred
- Organizational skills in leading engineering projects: capital project/equipment installation management and contractor and vendor management
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Communication - Strong oral and written communication skills with international teams
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities to fosters group commitments to goals and objectives
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals
- Innovation - Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Able to identify, recommend and influencing objectives, and developing a course of action to deliver objective results
- Full time – 1st shift
- Periodic International travel is required
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.