Senior Analyst, Quality EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14516 Apply
The Quality Engineer will play a large role in the collaboration and implementation of Quality Engineering programs aimed at preventing product safety and quality problems from occurring. The person in this role partners with a number of internal and external stakeholders and participates in Consumer and Customer driven quality improvement projects while ensuring the quality of materials supplied to SCJ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate on product development teams to ensure quality is driven into the product and manufacturing process in the early stages of product development
- Participate in quality related initiatives such as CAPA, Escalated Issues, GEN23, GEN28, Consumer Complaints, Waivers, and other problem resolution teams
- Collaborate on Microbial assessments in 3PM´s and suppliers and ensure the quality of products manufactured in 3PMs throughout development are within SCJ quality standards/guidelines
- Participate in the definition of product specific defects/AQLs
- Create Quality Control Plans, process mapping PFMEA´s, etc.
- Develop product related quality success criteria, Production Line Qualification (PLQ), Product and Process Validation (PPV), Molded Parts Qualification plans and others
- Ensure the pre-commercialization quality activities are completed by actively participating on project teams, including Technical Reviews and other forums
- Lead PLQ´s, Molded Parts Qualifications, and Quality System Qualifications at 3PM´s and suppliers
- Participate in FTA and other hazard identification techniques
- Supervise, support, and assist quality related activities pertaining to current and potential 3PM´s, including suppliers located in the Americas region as well as imported FG or materials to the North America region (containment in Americas and escalation/collaboration with the exporting region)
- Make timely decisions concerning nonconforming materials, products and processes to ensure the company meets its safety, quality and business objectives
- Develop and complete SQA, product compliance, layered audits, deep product testing annual programs for assigned 3PM´s and suppliers. Support SCJ´s Kosher Program
- Identify methods and technologies to improve quality and productivity
- Use statistical techniques to develop and improve products and processes
- Responsible for practicing SCJ Safety, Health & Environment guidelines in daily work and considering Safety, Health & Environment aspects and impacts when developing plans, methods or procedures
review of consumer complaint data
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (or combination of other degree and relevant experience to be evaluated) plus 2 plus years of related work experience
- ASQ Certification (CQE, CRE), or willingness to obtain within 2 years of employment
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 1-3 years of experience working in supplier quality including supplier development and auditing
- Experience working on a manufacturing line
- Experience with high-volume consumer products in the pharma or automotive industries
- Experience with quality system auditing such as ISO 9001:2008/2015
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- High degree of initiative and integrity
- Excellent oral & written communication skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the organization including external stakeholders
The incumbent should possess an understanding and knowledge of applicable quality engineering techniques, which include:
- Product development lifecycles, design change and document change control, product and process verification, validation methodologies, and manufacturing/production process control methodologies
- Preventive Quality tools (PAPP, FMEA, DOE, Control Plans, Statistical process control, etc.)
- Relevant Quality Engineering / Production process
- Applied statistics including process capability, sampling, qualitative and quantitative data analysis, Acceptance and Sampling.
- Microbiology and sanitary equipment and installations
- Full Time
- Willingness to travel (up to 25%).
- Will work with the highest level of compliance to Safety, Health and Environment rules and regulations
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.