Senior Analytical Chemistry AssociateRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 13364 Apply
As the Senior Analytical Chemistry Associate within SC Johnson’s Good Laboratory Practices (GLP) Analytical Chemistry Laboratory, you will be responsible for developing and validating methods of analysis to measure product ingredients and properties to establish product quality, stability or performance. In this role, you will use methods for characterizing ingredients in S.C. Johnson’s pesticide and biocide products are conducted and validated under Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development(OECD) GLP guidelines.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages include matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, child care, counseling services and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and validate quantitative methods of analysis for ingredients in SC Johnson’s products using a variety of sample preparation and analysis techniques including Liquid Chromatography (LC), LC/Mass Spectrometry (MS), Gas Chromatography (GC) and GC/MS.
- Accurately characterize chemical and physical properties formulations using a wide variety of methods including those for acidity/alkalinity, viscosity, density, particle size and surface tension.
- Understand formulation principles and their impact on sample matrix and ingredient stability.
- Provide well written test methods and data reports including statistical assessments that meet globally recognized standards.
- Perform laboratory operations under GLP guidelines as Analyst or Study Director. Coordinate GLP chemistry and physical chemistry studies, generate CofA’s for ancillary testing facilities and report study findings to Registration Specialists and study Sponsors.
- Coordinate and sponsor chemical and physical property studies at external labs to generate data needed for global product registrations and timely submission of reports to Registration Specialists.
- Comply with all laboratory standard operating procedures. Ensure that all data is properly collected, analyzed/interpreted and reported in a timely manner. Recognize deviations from expected results and determine sources of deviations. Maintain laboratory equipment and test facilities to ensure good operating conditions.
- Strong records management is an important feature of the GLP roles, with an emphasis on accurate and detailed completion of all required regulatory compliance and internal documentation, including: GLP study protocols, chain of custody forms, facility records, CofA’s, interim and final study reports.
- Comply and respond accordingly to quality assurance audits of GLP lab and study documentation.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemistry or closely related discipline. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years analytical laboratory experience in the development and execution of GC, GC/MS, LC or LC/MS separations or an advanced degree with 1 year of laboratory experience.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- In depth understanding of chemical principles, analytical chemistry, statistical analysis of data and strong experimental skills in separation science.
- Experience in conducting laboratory operations under U.S. EPA, U.S. FDA or OECD GLP guidelines in regulated consumer goods, pesticides/biocides, agricultural or related industry.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to create, organize and manage high volumes of documents with demonstrated experience in writing GLP compliant technical documents
- Proactive in taking action to meet challenging goals and business issues. Display of good judgement and timely decisions that keep projects and business initiatives moving forward.
- Ability to relate well and openly to build productive relationships with a wide variety of people regardless of background and position, including top management.
- Consistent drive for skill development and personal growth.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to deliver formal presentations.
- Full time Monday-Friday Core Office hours
- Minimum 10% travel
- Ability to sit, stand, and lift to 25 lbs.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.