Senior Associate, ChemistRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 16521 Apply
As the Senior Associate, Chemist, you will contribute to the technical development of new formulations for products in support of global brands. You will develop new products, line extensions, and assist with technology advancements which result in consumer preferred benefits.
You will also participate on cross-functional teams and be given specific guidance about the nature and extent of the work required, methods to be used, and results expected.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute assignments within large projects or a full scope of activities for small projects
- Develop formulations to meet internal ingredient standards and industry best practices for safety, scientific significance, accuracy, and recordkeeping
- Formulate new products, product changes, assist in leading technology advancements, and competitive assessments which result in new consumer benefits, reduced cost or improved environmental impact of the products
- Collaborate with multifunctional core teams (R&D, Design, Marketing, Marketing Research, and Product Supply) to successfully identify, develop, and launch new products in an accelerated manner
- Communicate complex ideas accurately and concisely to colleagues at all levels within the company and to a variety of diverse disciplines and functions to deliver business-building solutions
- Work with multiple product types and have the ability to translate user needs into consumer-preferred solutions, which is an important aspect of the product development process
- Interpret consumer test results and provide recommendations for product improvements and claims
- Develop product technologies, when appropriate, relevant to global markets
- Follow general lab safety guidelines and maintain a clean, orderly work area
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry and a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience or master’s degree in chemistry
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Possess an understanding of regulatory processes, i.e., EPA registrations; experience
- Knowledge of the product development process and experience related to various formulation and delivery system technologies related to products (e.g., aerosol formulation, emulsion chemistry, gel formulation, polymer chemistry, reaction products, surfactants, solvents, builders)
- Understand the functional properties, proper use, and the environmental impact of ingredients
- Scientific curiosity and the ability to solve technical problems related to formulation and manufacturing
- Cross-functional teaming skills to effectively work across internal organizational boundaries
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate accurately and concisely to multiple levels within the company
- Highly proactive and results-oriented approach
- Proficient computer skills; will be required to become competent in the use of PLM (SAP based product management system)
- Full time
- 0-5% travel
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.