Senior Associate, Desktop/Systems Engineer – Virtual Desktop and MDMRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10462 Apply
The Senior Associate, Desktop/Systems Engineer – Virtual Desktop and MDM is a member of the End User Productivity (EUP) team. EUP is a Global team responsible for the management and delivery of solutions that address current and future business needs while ensuring value realization in the shortest possible timeframe. This position is responsible for the delivery of a stable, secure, global endpoint platform which includes Physical and Virtual computers and Mobile Devices, with a focus on future trends and new technologies we can deliver to the business without compromising security or productivity. This position also includes management of End User Productivity (EUP) infrastructure projects, platforms, and 3rd level support as necessary. The detailed job responsibilities are listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leverage deep portfolio/platform knowledge in assigned technologies to implement long-term process improvement.
- Overall Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Virtual Application and Desktop Infrastructure & Mobile Device Management components with an emphasis on but not limited to:
- Support and Manage Global Hybrid Cloud Virtual Apps and Desktops platform
- Support and management of delivery infrastructure and client devices (i.e. Thin Client and Chrome OS)
- End to End Mobile Device Management Platform & Service Management
- Administering policies on devices (i.e. iOS, Android)
- Driving lifecycle and device support decisions
- Documenting and providing support to 1st and 2nd level mobile support teams
- Assisting in defining overall Mobile Strategy as it pertains to EUP strategy overall
- Provide engineering and timely support that delivers a stable, secure, global platform following internal methodologies, process, and standards.
- Leadership role in keeping current with existing and emerging technologies and providing input to technology roadmaps.
- Experience coordinating and managing escalation with vendors.
- Ability to coordinate with vendors and partners as needed for problem resolution.
- Management of vendors and partners’ relationships as necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in various projects: strategic and operational initiatives.
- Document processes and procedures for maintenance and support.
- Participation in development of strategic plans for the collaboration team.
- Provides 3rd level operational support for platforms. Off-hours support and a flexible schedule to accommodate a global team will be required.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- 3+ years of experience with a global enterprise-level organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree.
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Mobile Device Management (MDM) in one or more of the following technologies:
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Virtual Application and Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) components in one or more of the following:
- XenApp / XenDesktop | Remote Desktop Services | Horizon
- Virtual Application and Desktop Imaging (i.e. PVS, MCS)
- vSphere | AHV | Hyper-V
- Desktop policies including folder redirection and profile management
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- The ideal candidate will also have experience with Software Engineering and coding methodologies including but not limited to:
- Additional experience working with API integrations preferred.
- Additional experience in managing MacOS and Chrome OS (device and browser) preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills (English).
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to assimilate new information quickly.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems.
- Strong customer service skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency, and the ability to offer guidance and mentorship to junior team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a “can do” attitude in a team environment.
- Self-motivated, self-directed person.
- Ability to work with and support a globally dispersed team.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.