Senior Associate, Entomology - Base of PyramidRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 13790 Apply
The Senior Associate, Entomology is part of the Research and Development Base of Pyramid (BOP) team whose mission is to enable prevention of malaria and other mosquito-borne disease among the globally poor. The BOP team works with leading government and non-government institutions, academia, and private industries to develop new offerings that prevent human/vector contact and create access for those in need. We strive to create sustainable business models that improve lives, leveraging the best of both philanthropic and for-profit commercial strategies.
As one of two Entomologists on the team, you will provide subject matter expertise in the biology and control of mosquitos to conduct product performance studies in laboratory and/or field settings, and to effectively analyze and report the results of those studies. Your work will involve applying standardized methods. You will have an intricate role in the development of affordable and effective pest control solutions focused on mosquitoes and other disease vectors in BOP markets.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Deliver on short-term and overall project objectives, as part of a cross functional team, that results in the successful commercialization of new products or renovation of existing products
- Assist in designing statistically robust experiments, executing experiments, and analyzing study data
- Maintain current knowledge of global issues, technologies, and both internal and external research landscape to identify emerging opportunities in malaria and neglected tropical disease vector control
- Document efficacy testing in high quality written reports to substantiate product performance against global regulatory requirements
- Analyze entomology methods as part of regulatory reviews
- Provide expertise in insecticide toxicology and active ingredients
- Maintain and grow knowledge and skills in the field of entomology
- Act as GLP study director and/or investigator for internal and external studies when appropriate
- Work effectively in cross-functional teams and thrive in fast-paced consumer packaged goods environment
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Entomology or a related field (focus on medical entomology and/or public health preferred) and a minimum of 1 year of relevant work experience or a Master’s degree in Entomology or a related field
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / COMPETENCIES
- Education or training in statistical design of experiments and data analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of pest control active ingredients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in the design, planning, and execution of experiments in a lab or field setting
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong initiative & drive for self-development
- Knowledge of Good Laboratory Practice
- Knowledge of EPA registration or other regulatory body protocols
- Ability to travel internationally
- Full time
- Core Business Hours
- 0-20% travel
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.