Senior Associate, HR ComplianceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 11789 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define an inventory of proactive monitoring of various HR compliance initiatives /programs, and help mitigate identified or emerging risks, measure internal control effectiveness, and develop action items to remediate existing risk cases.
- Partner with all functions within HR to help HR personnel develop audit processes that ensure compliance with the requirements of various employment laws applicable to those HR personnel’s specific subject areas and enterprise compliance.
- Develop and maintain relationships with program managers and compliance partners to consult on HR-related compliance activities
- Conduct research and partner with team associates to prioritize and understand HR compliance requirements and the effect that they have on our business
- Retain current knowledge requirements and help assess the implications of these requirements on SC Johnson
- Partner with HR COEs and review COE’s draft HR policies, procedures, and process document
- Work with the HR team to meet the requirements of various employment laws, enterprise compliance and minimize the potential risks for the HR operations by inventorying, assessing, creating, modifying and/or developing compliant policies/procedures for all HR processes.
- Provide guidance on corrective action plans for resolution or problematic issues and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Contribute to the building of internal compliance capabilities of the HR team
- Manage labor posters at all North American locations
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BA degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Minimum of three years of related HR Compliance experience required (5 years preferred).
- PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and demonstrated ability to learn other applications as needed.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of employment laws and local, federal and multi-state regulations.
- Practical knowledge of recordkeeping requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal effectiveness at all levels in the organization and across cultures.
- Ability to research and analyze various different types of data.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues by using judgment that is consistent with the standards, practices, policies, procedures and local, federal and state regulations.
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently execute a high volume and broad scope of tasks within tight deadlines, competing demands and changes in the work environment.
- Ability to deal with frequent interruptions, changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly.
- Active listening skills and ability to remain empathetic.
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Demonstrated ability to consult effectively with all levels of management with multiple conflicting priorities.
- Ability to establish credibility, be decisive and be able to recognize and support the organization's preferences and priorities.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunityand affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at262-260-3343or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law posterfor more information.