Senior Associate, Modern Desktop EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10611 Apply
The Modern Desktop Engineering role is a member of the End User Productivity (EUP) team. EUP is a global team responsible for the management and delivery of client solutions that address current and future business needs while ensuring value realization in the shortest possible timeframe.
This position is responsible for the delivery of a stable, secure global end client platform which includes physical and virtual computers, printers and mobile devices. This position includes management of EUP infrastructure projects, platforms and day to day level 3 support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering and support that delivers a stable, secure global end user computing platform.
- Management of vendor relationships, including, but not limited to: software licensing, service monitoring, new services.
- Lead and/or participate in various projects: strategic and operational initiatives.
- Leadership role in proactively maintaining awareness of technology trends, prototype possible solutions that would enhance the productivity of end users and bring value to the business
- Lead and/or participate in developing service lifecycle strategy, roadmap and budget for the desktop platform
- Actively manage and implement continuous improvement plans for services within the portfolio
- Provide 3rd level operational support for the global desktop and collaboration platform services. Off-hours support and a flexible schedule to accommodate a global team will be required.
- Work closely with the colleagues to translate business requirements into technical requirements.
- Coordinate with internal teams and stakeholders on solution development that will drive technical change.
- Champion the resolution of technically significant issues affecting the platform through personal ownership
- Develop, prioritize, and meet deliverable budgets, schedules, and scope milestones.
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related technical discipline
- Minimum 3 years of experience with a global enterprise-level service.
- The ideal candidate will have a skill-set that includes a wide breadth of infrastructure related technologies as well as depth in end client services. Candidates will need to have prior experiences in at least 3 of the following areas: multi-media communication technologies (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Skype), productivity and collaboration tools (e.g. Office Suite), mobile computing, desktop OS, virtualization (e.g. Citrix) and printing.
- Experience with Modern Desktop Management methodologies, technologies, and tool-sets. (e.g. Intune, Office 365)
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience with managing End Point security platforms and tool-sets (i.e. McAfee, MBAM/Bitlocker)
- Experience with Application packaging and delivery (i.e. SCCM, Windows Store for Business)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Assimilate new information quickly
- User centric design thinking
- Ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Strong customer service skills, attention to detail, sense of urgency, and the ability to offer guidance and mentorship to junior team members
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a “can do” attitude in a team environment
- Self-motivated, self-directed person
- Ability to work with and support a globally dispersed team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills – evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve; creates actionable operational plans and involves others as needed
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.