Senior Associate, Packaging Engineer - eCommerceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12617 Apply
As a Senior Associate, Packaging Engineer specializing in eCommerce, you'll have the opportunity to identify and apply new and existing packaging materials and technologies towards the development of innovative new products. Beyond New Product Development, you'll also be enhancing existing products that consumers find appealing and easy to use. We are proud to create packaging that is compelling and allows SC Johnson to "win at the store shelf".
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, childcare, counseling services and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, coordinate, and complete performance and compatibility testing in support of packaging component changes
- Develop & manage packaging specifications and finished good assembly specifications
- Execute domestic and global packaging development projects by creating and managing effective and efficient project timelines and related success criteria to realize on-time project completion dates.
- Collaborate with multifunctional core teams (RD&E, Design, Marketing, Marketing Research, and Product Supply) to successfully identify, develop and launch new products in an accelerated manner.
- Provide strong technical leadership within a cross-functional team to drive the design and development of innovative new products or optimization of existing packages.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Packaging or a related engineering field, with 2 plus years of product/packaging development experience or an advanced degree with one plus years of product/packaging development experience.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- In-depth knowledge of eCommerce distribution requirements and e-retailers packaging certifications.
- In-depth knowledge of product development process and experience related to various delivery system technologies is considered a plus (e.g., aerosols, rigid plastics, flexible films, blister packs, paperboard cartons, etc.)
- Demonstrated capability to handle multiple projects/programs concurrently
- Experience with directing the efforts of external vendors and consultants
- Full-time Monday-Friday core office hours
- Minimum 10% travel
- Ability to sit, stand, and lift 0-25 lbs
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.