Senior Associate, Packaging EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 13341 Apply
As a Packaging Engineer at SC Johnson, you’ll lead the technical development of new or revised packing materials and products on global brands. You’ll develop new products/packages, line extensions and lead technology advancements to enhance packaging that will compel consumers at the shelf and be easy to use. If you excel at being part of a cross-functional team and would like the opportunity to even lead one, this might just be what you are looking for!
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages may include bonuses, long-term incentives, matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, child care , counseling services and more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, coordinate, and complete performance and compatibility testing in support of packaging component changes
- Develop and manage packaging and finished good assembly specifications
- Execute domestic and global packaging development projects by creating and managing effective and efficient project timelines and related success criteria to realize on-time project completion dates
- Collaborate with multifunctional core teams (RD&E, Design, Marketing, Marketing Research, and Product Supply) to successfully identify, develop and launch new products in an accelerated manner
- Provide strong technical leadership within a cross-functional team to drive the design and development of innovative new products or optimization of existing packages
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Packaging or a related engineering field with 2 plus years of product/packaging development experience or an advanced degree with no experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
PREFERRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- In-depth knowledge of product development process and experience related to various delivery system technologies is considered a plus (e.g., aerosols, rigid plastics, flexible films, blister packs, paperboard cartons, etc.)
- Demonstrated capability to handle multiple projects/programs concurrently
- Experience with directing the efforts of external vendors and consultants is preferred
PLEASE NOTE: This job posting is not related to a current job opening at SC Johnson. We are proactively building a pipeline of interested candidates for future opportunities. If you’re interested, please submit an application to indicate your interest in future open roles and we will be in touch.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.