Senior Associate, Process EngineerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 15313 Apply
- The Senior Associate, Process Engineer performs the processing engineering associated with the technical development of new or revised products for the Disinfection Battleground.
- The Disinfection Battleground has a wide range of forms to support globally that include aerosol, large liquid, hand sanitizer, wipes, etc.
- The incumbent is expected to have core understanding of established process technologies to implement as well as expand capabilities beyond existing technologies.
- This position will also work on the technical development of new formulations for Global R&DE, which will involve working with multiple product types and the ability to translate user needs into consumer-preferred solutions as part of the product development process.
- Candidates will be technically advanced, highly motivated, self-starters who can apply their skills to a diverse, challenging, fast-paced team environment.
- Further, the incumbent is expected to participate on cross-functional teams, concurrently managing a variety of project activities with shifting priorities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and Perform experiments to scale up laboratory qualified formulations and processes and establish viable manufacturing processes as demonstrated by proven statistical process capability.
- Create a scientific understanding of key drivers of process performance in current projects, and in key products within the Battleground area. Highlight technical gaps or opportunities to improve process, cost, sustainability or other attributes, develop proposals to address these and execute as the opportunity is prioritized.
- Plan and execute trials and testing to support small-scale product preparations for internal testing, small consumer testing, and process validation.
- Provide technical support at contract/custom manufacturer(s) during product development and at start-up to ensure appropriate process scale-up and robustness.
- Write process instructions through collaboration with manufacturing engineers internally and externally.
- Functional Skills and Expertise
- Sound knowledge of chemical engineering and application of chemical processing principles. Ability to acquire, expand, and implement advances in the state of the art processing sciences and utilize expertise to contribute to the successful commercialization of new ideas.
- Strong problem-solving skills. Demonstrated skill in experimental design and statistics to evaluate alternative processes and validate preferred approaches to meet business and project objectives.
- Explore new processing technologies and methods, which may have application for product lines.
- Utilize knowledge of experimental design (DOE) and statistics to efficiently select appropriate course(s) of action to meet business needs.
- Strong leadership, influence, and cross-functional teaming skills to effectively work across internal organizational boundaries.
- Provide technical leadership within a multi-functional team to drive the development of innovative new products.
- Ability to lead technical work
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to communicate accurately and concisely to multiple levels within the company.
- Highly proactive and results-oriented approach.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- 4+ years of experience or an advanced degree with 2+ years of relevant work experience
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- In-depth knowledge of the product development process and experience related to various chemical processing and filling technologies is considered a plus (e.g., aerosol processing, emulsion technology, gel formulation, polymer chemistry, reaction products, surfactants, solvents, builders).
- Experience with directing the efforts of external vendors and consultants
- Experience with biocidal registered products
- Experience with aerosol, large liquids, and alcohol processing
- Full time
- Domestic and International Travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.