Senior Associate, Project ManagementRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 12765 Apply
The Senior Associate, Project Manager, Products will contribute to new product development and project management. They will develop products and provide strong engineering technical knowledge throughout the life of the project. As a member of the R&D team this role will work within cross functional teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage products through the new product development process. Develop timelines, key milestones, and risk and mitigation plans
- Communicate to project sponsors and translate technical topics to enable good decision making
- Create products that consumers find appealing and easy to use; products and packaging that is compelling and allows SC Johnson to "win at the store shelf"
- Provide technical and project leadership within a multi-functional team to drive the development of innovative new products
- Provide technical assistance to resolve technical problems, maintain production schedules and product quality
- Stay in the forefront of innovations and trends so that new technologies can be leveraged in new products and new product packaging
- Research/evaluate materials and components for the development of cost-effective processes and products
- Develop technical specifications which measure key attributes that are consumer and customer relevant
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science and a minimum of 4 years of related project management experience or Master’s Degree in engineering or science and at least 2 years of project management experience.
Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience working in Consumer Products (CPG) or related industries
- Solid project management skills with a track record of launching products and progressing multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills with the ability to work with/influence internal and external partners to meet program needs
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Knowledge of consumer testing techniques and execution of appropriate studies to evaluate product performance
- Experience working with external companies as a source of product and/or manufacturing capabilities
- Ability to translate and communicate technical topics to both technical and non-technical people
- Ability to translate user insights into technical attributes
- Full time
- Core Business Hours
- 0-10% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description
does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.