Senior Associate, R&D, Develop Engineering (CAD)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 13119 Apply
The Senior Associate, R&D, Develop Engineering role is in the RD&E Global Services in the Technical Change Management Group. This position requires a strong engineering understanding of product and associated specifications and documentation along with experience in CAD and related software. Candidates should be motivated self-starters, critical thinkers with attention to detail and individuals with the ability to concurrently manage multiple work streams and a variety of activities with shifting priorities. This role will work in the Technical Change Management group as the RD&E process lead, and will be responsible for the execution of product change request and leading of the continuous process improvement initiative along with support other business initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- RD&E Process Lead – CAD Change Management
- Define standards, principles, and process for CAD management & ECN requirements
- Responsible for documentation, training and metrics of owned process
- Setting and communication standards and expectation
- Lead and execute process improvements
- Execute ECNs for SCJ global designed and engineered components supporting engineers
- Manage and execute requests for CAD article source files
- Execution and documentation control and governance of engineering data for product changes
- Support engineers and formulation on documentation and change of SCJ products
- Work in SAP product life cycle management (PLM) specification system
- Support PCN process documentation and improvement
- Business initiative Support
- Support and collaborate with other process manager of system improvements
- Consult on business initiatives which require expert on technical change management
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- BA/BS degree in Engineering, Science or Data Management required with a minimum 2 years of applicable experience or advanced degree in Engineering, Science or Data Management with no experience.
- One year of strong experience in CAD and related software.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Strong engineering experience and knowledge of product development and engineering changes
- Business process and data management knowledge and understand of business process and master data
- Computer systems and skills application level knowledge, Excel/PLM/SharePoint/Solidworks/NX CAD
- Strong organization skills with the ability to manage and execute multiple workstreams with attend to detail and time
- Written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate concisely with many functions
- Collaboration and the ability to work well with others and solve issue and breakdowns
- Sense of urgency – Takes prompt action to accomplish goals; proactively attempts to influence events rather than passively accepts outcomes
- Strong understanding of product development with experience in technical change management
- Full time
- Core Business Hours
- 0- 5% travel
- Office Environment
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned
at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description
does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.