Senior Associate, Registration & Regulatory ComplianceRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 17408 Apply
- Working with a cross-functional team and department staff, the registration specialist identifies and recommends optimal registration strategies for assigned projects/products.
- Provides analysis, advice, and expertise in registration related matters in support of immediate and strategic business plans.
- Has overall accountability for securing and maintaining Federal and select state registrations of assigned products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiates with regulatory authorities both on specific projects and on larger areas of policy to achieve results favorable to SCJ.
- Prepares, submits, and actively monitors federal and select state submission packages.
- Has overall accountability for securing and maintaining Federal and select state registrations of assigned NACP products.
- Maintains current, accurate, and accessible information concerning the registration and regulatory status and priorities of products and provides useful advice as requested by staff and departmental management.
- Maintains business relationship with Trade Associations and external partners.
- Provides summary and analysis of new regulations and developing regulatory trends. Provides comments to the business, authorities, Trade Associations when and where appropriate.
- Represent registration group on cross-functional product development teams.
- Develop and maintain existing federal and state product registrations.
- Develop registration strategies to support business objectives.
- Defines and prepares the registration package necessary to obtain registration of SCJ products.
- Review and approve artwork for assigned products, to include but not limited to brand market label, digital assets, and formulas.
- Monitor changing regulation and policy to make recommendations to management on portfolio management.
- May require up to 10% travel.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in related technical field, such as Chemistry or Biology and at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Knowledge of current federal (EPA) and state regulations governing sales, distribution, import, export, and use of registered products under the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA).
- Ability to identify and assess alternate registration strategies.
- Ability to develop and implement successful registration strategies in support of business objectives.
- Ability to leverage existing relationships with regulatory authorities and industry contacts to move the business forward.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in multi-functional teams.
- Superior organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to summarize and communicate regulatory issues to colleagues outside of regulatory functions.
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.