Senior Associate, Regulatory Affairs & Registrations SpecialistRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 10604 Apply
Global Registration and Regulatory Compliance (GRRC) provides global regulatory leadership, expertise, and execution for the information/dossier development, product registration, and lifecycle management of all SC Johnson products.
This role reports to Manager/Director, Regulatory Affairs, North America
The Regulatory & Registration Specialist has a key technical role in ensuring timely regulatory reviews and compliance of raw material and products with applicable regulations in North America as well as supporting global staff as needed. The individual will serve as subject matter experts in the areas of product compliance, global chemical inventory and control laws, and safety data sheets. The incumbent will be expected to participate in cross-functional teams in order to support new emerging regulatory issues and support products across the SCJ portfolio, serving as the as single point of contact for all product related compliance inquiries. The Regulatory & Registration Specialist also has a key technical role in providing analysis, advice, and expertise in registration related matters in support of immediate and strategic business plans in North America. The individual has overall accountability for securing and maintaining pesticide registrations of assigned NACP products; and for negotiating with regulatory authorities both on specific projects and on larger areas of policy to achieve results favorable to SCJ.
- Directly accountable for regulatory compliance and product registration for North America and for support of additional countries as assigned.
- Understands and applies relevant GSARA processes.
- Identify and interpret domestic and international applicable laws, regulations and related performance standards that apply to chemicals, pesticides (biocides) their use in SCJ’s products, and their distribution, and help develop, and implement processes and procedures to facilitate and promote global compliance.
- Serve as a Subject matter expert for US and Canada
- Understand CPSC, FHSA, OSHA, Health Canada, and FIFRA label requirements for North America sold goods.
- Maintain awareness of emerging issues and changing regulatory landscapes, make recommendations on portfolio management for products under accountability.
- Maintains company databases and compliance related IT tools; PLM, SharePoint, etc.
- Responds to requests from project teams to provide critical input into regulatory needs for product launches.
- Continuously evaluates the regulatory climate of assigned countries, identifies potential issues which may arise, work to favorably impact the outcome of emerging or existing issues.
- Author required reports/submissions that are mandated by local authorities to ensure uninterrupted operation.
- Be able to manage local consultants that would help in specialized regulatory research.
- Generate regulatory documents to fit local and global specifications (e.g., SDS etc.)
- Analyze and report to management change in regulations or impending new regulations
- When appropriate, serve on government or industry task forces as a representative of the company in partnership with Government Relations. Seek to favorably impact regulatory requirements which will benefit the SCJ business.
- Maintains current, accurate, and accessible information concerning the registration status and priorities of pesticide products and provides useful advice as requested by staff and departmental management.
Required Skills and Education:
- Two plus years work experience in compliance related field, or an advanced degree with one year of work experience in a compliance related field.
- Four-year scientific or engineering college degree is required
- Proven situational leadership skills and demonstrated experience in influencing internal stakeholders as well as forging strong relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to participate in multi-functional teams, ability to summarize and communicate regulatory issues to colleagues outside of regulatory functions
- Excellent listening, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-orientation. Effective prioritization, project management, and critical thinking skills
- Problem solving skills with the ability to bring project to final conclusion.
- Self-directed with a “can do” attitude and willingness to drive change that may not be inspired by him/her and is being asked of him/her
- Experience in multi-national consumer product, chemical, pharmaceutical and/or agricultural companies, or government agency or consulting firm working with such companies
- Commanding knowledge of current global, federal and state regulations, including chemical inventories and product compliance
- Computer literate; effectively utilize web-based and internal databases and systems such as SAP PLM, third-party electronic regulatory data sources such as ChemAdvisor’s LOLI, and Microsoft Office software
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.