Senior Computational Chemistry AssociateRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 13474 Apply
We are looking for a skilled professional to employ molecular dynamics simulation tools and/or machine learning to predict behavior and properties of surfactant-based multiphase systems, eventually coupling them with computation flow dynamics. In this role, you will work across categories, implementing and establishing molecular dynamics simulation capabilities, developing methodology for advanced transport modeling of emulsions and foams. You will also participate on development of innovative cleaning agents and formulations aligned to business needs across divisions. You will have high visibility presenting and interacting with senior management. You will have opportunities to work with a diverse set of professionals and in identifying and exploring ways to further strengthen the organization’s simulation capabilities.
SC Johnson is a fifth-generation family company built on a spirit of adventure and winning the right way. We have been leading with purpose for over 130 years, building top brands such as Raid®, Glade®, Kiwi®, OFF!®, Windex®, Ziploc® and more, in virtually every country. Through these household names, we are making a positive difference to the world around us. But we only succeed with the combined vitality and strength of our 13,000 people who we truly value and support in their pursuit of individual and shared goals.
SC Johnson’s total compensation packages are at or above industry levels. In addition to salary, total packages include matching 401(k) contributions and profit sharing based on company profitability, job level and years of service. As a family company, we’re committed to providing benefits such as subsidized health care plans, maternity/paternity/adoption leave, flexible work arrangements, vacation purchase options, recreation and fitness centers, child care, counseling services and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop technical leadership in molecular dynamics simulations and an internal expertise in the physics of surfactant-based systems with focus on emulsions and foams
- Evaluate, recommend and implement state of the art computation capabilities with the focus on balancing the speed and the accuracy to obtain desired outcome
- Generate predictive models for physical property calculations and develop approaches for calibration/validating simulation models
- Leverage capabilities and technical knowledge to impact and enable wide range of simulation efforts including process improvement, testing and time to market
- Collaborate with internal functional experts/regional teams and academia on development of new formulations based on the regional needs and regulations
- Participate in the generation and exploration of ideas using cheminformatic tools
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- B.S. in Computational Chemistry or Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in surfactant based systems focused on molecular dynamics and emulsions, modeling and simulation and material characterization OR a minimum of 1 year experience as described along with a postgraduate degree in Computational Chemistry or Chemical/Mechanical Engineering.
- Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Desired Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Solid expertise in using of Molecular Dynamics Tools, commercial or open source, and ability to apply these tools for predictions of complex system behavior and properties
- Knowledgeable in the theories of emulsions formation, rheology and stability.
- Experience with FEA/CFD software, Machine Learning, Matlab and C/C++ programming
- Hands-on experience in conducting laboratory experiments in support of modeling work.
- Proactive and results oriented project management skills.
- Full time
- Core Business Hours
- 5% travel
- Office Environment
- Ability to lift 10 – 40 pounds.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.