Senior Employment Paralegal, Legal DepartmentRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 16411 Apply
The Senior Employment Paralegal supports various employment, benefits, labor, U.S. immigration, and compliance matters. This position reports to the Corporate Counsel, Global Human Resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in employment litigation and administrative matters, including drafting, organization of records, and calendar management
- Assists in due diligence related to Company investigations
- Supports various other employment-related matters
- Prepares, reviews, and maintains employment-related agreements, templates, and other relevant files
- Reviews and responds to government agency inquiries and maintains related records
- Tracks relevant labor and employment legal updates
- Supports U.S. immigration process
- Works collaboratively across the Legal and Human Resources functions and supports other attorneys on other matters as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum 1 year of paralegal experience in a major law firm and/or in-house paralegal experience.
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Prefer 4 years of paralegal experience in a major law firm and/or in-house paralegal experience.
- Corporate law department experience
- Prior experience in employment law and/or compliance
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, independently, as well as collaboratively, and operating under tight deadlines with a range of responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and complete complex projects under pressure
- Experience in building strong client relationships in a positive manner
- Demonstrated experience showcasing sound judgment, discretion, and strict confidentiality
- Must have excellent planning and organization skills and show high levels of initiative
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail while producing high quality work in an efficient manner
- Strong ability to interact effectively across the organization, and with all levels of the Company and external parties
- Proficient in current computer technology and software, including database management , SharePoint, Microsoft Office Suite(Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and HR Workday system.
- Full time Monday-Friday in office – this is not a remote role
- Business travel as necessary
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.