Senior IT Platform Engineering ManagerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 13791 Apply
The Manager, IT Platform Engineering is part of SC Johnson’s Infrastructure & Operations (I&O) function within the IT organization, and reports to the Director for Application Infrastructure Management (AIM). The Platform Engineering team leads the planning, design, implementation and stabilization of platforms to support new application and technology solutions (excluding SAP). This team will be responsible for the buildout of these platforms which includes providing installation, configuration and database services. It will also include setup of any necessary automation, monitoring and platform management processes. And finally, they will be responsible for the hand-over of the platforms to a separate platform operations team. Current technologies that have been deployed by the Platform Engineering team include Teradata, Informatica, Tableau, Tibco, ADAM Digital Asset Mgt, WebCenter, Bizagi Workflow and Automation Anywhere.
The Platform Engineering Manager will work closely with the Enterprise Applications Team and the Information Management Team to understand the pipeline of business demand and corresponding platform requirements. This role will partner with these teams on strategy and roadmaps to mature capabilities and align with evolving platform best practices. The manager will be accountable for the platform design and delivery on projects to support the business demand and deliver against the roadmaps.
The Platform Engineering Manager will also work closely with Enterprise Architecture to define a repeatable process for providing platform support and hosting for Point Technology Solutions managed by the Business.
Finally, the Platform Engineering Manager will play a “hands on” role in building out and expanding SCJ’s Cloud Capabilities and introducing the DevOps capabilities. He/she will assist in defining and implementing a strategy to build out an internal Platform-as-a-Service capability. The selected candidate will mature the team’s skills and implement technology solutions to enable and mature infrastructure-as-code, infrastructure automation, version control and other modern platform engineering and cloud capabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage team of technology specialists to build out highly efficient, reliable and scalable platforms hosting Enterprise and Business Managed solutions.
- Collaborate across the various Infrastructure and Operations teams, the Architecture teams and the Application teams to build out the DevOps Model within SCJ.
- Provide mentoring within the team and across I&O on new technologies and capabilities.
- Development of processes and a playbook to provide charge-back information and platform delivery for Business Managed IT solutions.
- Own delivery against the platform strategy for Cloud Integration, Simplification & Automation, and Environment Management.
- Establish strong working relationship and engagement model with Enterprise Application and Information Management Teams.
- Accountable for Platform Engineering on projects. Work with stakeholders to clearly define scope and success criteria for projects supported by Platform Engineering.
- Create an exceptional and simplified engagement experience for teams leveraging the platform engineering services. Provide “bridge” to other I&O Services.
- Demonstrate acumen on how technical solutions will address business needs. Can “connect the dots” on how platform decisions impact the organization.
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related business degree or relevant military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- 5+ years of experience within an IT Infrastructure team
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud Delivery
- 3+ years of most recent experience in people leadership
- 3+ years of experience working with a Global team
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- DevOps experience
- Microsoft Azure Cloud Certification
- Experience in Container orchestration tools (i.e. Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience in Infrastructure Automation tools (i.e. Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Experience in Version Control tools (i.e. GitHub)
- Experience in CI/CD tools (i.e. Jenkins, Azure DevOps)
- System OS Experience (i.e. Windows, Linux)
- ITIL Certification
- Execution Excellence - the ability to drive and maintain accountability for commitments.
- Experience working with a mature SDLC, with formal processes, artifacts and stage gates
- Both Agile and Waterfall Project Delivery experience
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Ability to adjust to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong written and oral communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members and stakeholders. Experience presenting to executive leadership
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.