Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Packaging EquipmentRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 20772 Apply
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares the specification of packaging equipment, solicit equipment bids, review vendor’s equipment proposals, and provide technical support to enable decision making on equipment selection.
- Develop project feasibility and alternatives: include order of magnitude cost estimate, description of capacities, rates of production, material of construction.
- Determine and optimize equipment utilization requirements to achieve maximum productivity within project cost constraints.
- Provide project justification and description with final project cost estimate and planned timing of implementation.
- Responsible for machine safety and the adherence to policies and regulations to ensure that all designs comply to SCJ Global Safety Standard and engineering tasks are performed in a safe manner.
- Investigates, and provides technical leadership in implementing cost saving projects, OEE Improvements and Lean manufacturing to existing processes and support systems globally.
- Provides engineering support activities for manufacturing facilities, which include major capital projects, equipment upgrades, major equipment and system purchases as well as installations.
- B.S. in Engineering preferably Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years of related experience or an advanced degree with 1+ years of relevant engineering experience or manufacturing support, preferably in the CPG, Food/Beverage, or Pharmaceutical Industries developing packaging equipment solutions
- Continuous Improvement – knowledge and experience in driving TPM Early Management methodology and Lean Manufacturing
- International project implementation experience is plus
- Experience with Liquid and Aerosol filling, labeling, sleeving and any associated ancillary equipment is preferred
- Organizational skills in leading engineering projects: capital project/equipment installation management and contractor and vendor management
- Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Communication - Strong oral and written communication skills with international teams
- Teamwork - Balance team and individual responsibilities to fosters group commitments to goals and objectives
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; aligns work with strategic goals
- Innovation - Displays original thinking, creativity and resourcefulness which generate innovative approaches and ideas
- Dealing with Ambiguity - Able to identify, recommend and influencing objectives, and developing a course of action to deliver objective results
- Full time – 1st shift
- Periodic International travel is required
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice as assigned by the Manager. The job description
does not constitute a contract of employment and the position remains at-will.
At SC Johnson, we strive to create a positive, inclusive and unique workplace. We strongly believe SCJ people are able to achieve their best when they can collaborate and work together in person.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The policy of the Company is to ensure equal opportunity for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, gender identity, gender expression, disability, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in any active or reserve component of the U.S. or state military forces, genetic history or information or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.