Senior Network Engineering and Architecture ManagerRacine, Wisconsin Job ID 14161 Apply
The Senior Network Engineering and Architecture Manager is a resource manager and individual contributor role that reports to the Director of Global Network Services. This role is responsible for managing a team of network engineers/architects supporting the SCJ global network environment, ensuring solutions and designs providing optimum infrastructure uptime and security for the overall SCJ business. This role will oversee all projects with execution in the network space, across groups of SCJ Engineers and Managed Network and Security Services (MNS and MSS). In addition, this role will interface with the Enterprise, Infrastructure and other Network Architects, to understand all high-level network designs (HLDs) and to translate them to the low-level designs (LLDs) for implementations.
The role consists also in attending and coordinating change, incident and problem management processes, in partnership with Network and Security Operations, as well as other Infrastructure, Application and Business Partners. Responsibilities will also include assisting with budget management, project management, resource management and vendor management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Management of all global network architects & engineers including performance reviews, merit increases, regular team and individual alignment meetings, goal setting, and demand/utilization management.
- Assist in owning the network (LAN, WAN, WLAN, etc.) to ensure maximum uptime for the Business, including the governing principals for network (data and voice) design and deployment
- Assist in Management of all projects requiring network resources and delivering per planned and agreed to dates including the analysis of technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations
- Motivate and grow the Network Engineering team to its next level of maturity, agility (NetDevOps) and scalability. Help build foundation and help define capabilities and processes to address network needs in tactical and strategic terms.
- Assist with input into the overall Strategic Network Direction and ensuring necessary hardware, software, and tools are provided for successful delivery of the Network Technology Roadmap
- Act as a liaison to the Global Information Security team regarding all network security status, policies, and procedures, as applicable to solutions, products and designs in the infrastructure space
- Create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking, and cohesive team effort
- Partnership with the Network Operations Team, for definition, refinement, monitoring and implementation (via proper designs) of the expected by business network SLAs and KPIs
- Assist in managing the budget management and vendor management.
- Interfaces with other architects to ensure designs are implemented per process including evaluating and recommending new products, maintaining knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise
- Participates in project and activity tracking processes
- Participates in the change control process and is a member of Change Control Board (CCB)
- Continuously updates and improves skills and networking knowledge through training and self-study
- Interfaces with vendors and partners to ensure security is maintained and integrated into all network connectivity activities
- Works with Global Information Security in interpreting network security analysis requirements
Required Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field or military experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- 8+ years of progressive experience in the Network Engineering field in an environment similar in scale to SC Johnson.
- 5+ years of People/Resource management experience including:
- Performance management
- Resource utilization
- Goal setting
- Senior engineering level skills in the following areas:
- Routing and switching
- Data Center infrastructure solutions: Cisco (R&S), F5 (LTM, APM, ASM), Palo Alto (NGFW + IDS/IPS functions), Infoblox (DDI), Citrix Netscaler (VDI), Cisco ISE and ACS campus LAN and WLAN solutions, also implemented on Cisco products, network segmentation and access control in remote offices
- Expert level experience which includes solutions analysis, design, deployment and operationalization in the following areas:
- Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) solutions’
- Programming/scripting languages and frameworks knowledge and experience, in support of automation (Python, Ansible, etc.)
- Additional experience in one or more of the following which includes solutions analysis, design, deployment and operationalization:
- Data Center Automation & Orchestration
- IaaS (mainly) / PaaS & SaaS (desirable)
- Private Cloud / Hybrid Cloud / Public Cloud, inclusive of integration of solutions across these platforms
- Cisco ACI (fabric and overlay network, programmable features, micro-segmentation, etc.)
- Virtualization in the network, security and overall infrastructure space
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies:
- Experience leading agile teams (“NetDevOps” characteristics – desirable)
- Understanding of infrastructure design and operations (servers, storage, other platforms)
- Experience in vendor selection
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Understands and effectively articulates the implications and impact that proposed architectural changes will have on the business (to technical and non-technical audiences).
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.