Senior Technician, Instrumentation Electrical (2nd Shift)Racine, Wisconsin Job ID 12788 Apply
There are 2 openings on 2nd shift.
We are seeking candidates who have experience in process controls, Industrial Automation, BMS (Building Management Systems) and high voltage electrical systems experience. Candidates must have the interpersonal skills to function effectively with a multi-skill Waxdale Central Services team, Processing Teams, and Production Teams to provide technical support and knowledge transfer. The incumbent must be a self-starter, capable of working with minimal supervision, while possessing excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills.
- Executing, developing, and maintaining all instrumentation PMs
- Project lead for electrical related jobs
- Troubleshooting of industrial automation and control systems
- Understanding and ability to interpret and troubleshoot PLC program errors
Duties and Responsibilities
- Audits and enforces all safety standards, procedures and policies set by the organization, OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- Duties will include equipment preventive maintenance (PMs), predictive maintenance (PdM), repair, install, modify, and maintain electrical/electronic systems, circuits and equipment.
- Troubleshoot facility and production equipment across all areas of the facility, supporting associates within the manufacturing operations, research and development, and facility support teams.
- Utilize site’s computerized maintenance management software (SAP), to review equipment maintenance history, identify spare parts requirements, preventative and corrective maintenance needs, and technician weekly schedule requirements.
Required Skills and Education:
- All candidates must be able to perform frequent physical activity in the form of lifting, pushing, pulling, standing, etc. All candidates must be capable of frequently lifting and carrying 50 pounds, working on ladders, lifts, or in tight or confined spaces
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as an Electrical/Instrumentation Technician within a manufacturing or industrial setting.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred Skills Qualifications and Experience:
- Associates Degree in electrical or mechanical field
- State of Wisconsin Masters, Journeyman or Industrial Journeyman License
- Industrial PLC experience
- Motor Control Centers (VFDs - Allen Bradley, Danfoss & Square D…)
- SAP WO management (charging time, creating/closing WO’s, etc.)
- Solve problems of a recurring nature; team resource to analyze and solve complex technical problems and delivers solutions. Resolves issues with limited technical support or supervisory approval
- Demonstrates competencies in utilizing blue prints and schematics and can accurately make print changes when modifications are made to repair facility and production equipment
- Industrial servo drives systems experience
- Experience in training others in electrical/electronic systems and experience in use of hand tools, power tools and specialized testing equipment required.
- Instrumentation technician experience (Temperature sensors, level probes, flow meters, load cells, etc.)
- Computer Skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Microsoft Project)
- Experience and expertise with running electrical conduit, wiring and doing construction type work is also desired.
- High voltage maintenance experience.
SC Johnson & Son, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need an accommodation or other assistance during the application process, please call our Human Resources department at 262-260-3343 or email your request to SCJHR@scj.com. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply. Download the EEO is the Law poster for more information.